XYZ starting points of streamtraces in Paraview
in Paraview I want to draw streamtraces with defined starting points xyz.
In the Object Inspector I can only define the radius around a point (or a line) where Paraview creates randomized starting points.
I recorded a python-macro, where I can define at least one single starting point ([12.02, 2.52, 1.66], with a radius of 0):
Thank's for your help.
I found a solution, without using a python macro:
1. Save your xyz-coordinates as *.csv.
2. load them in Paraview, they appear as a table.
3. apply the filter "Table to points" (Filters>Alphabetical) to the table and define x,y,z directions.
4. Activate the velocity field/variable and apply the filter "Stream Tracer with Custom Source".
5. Choose "Source" on the left bar and choose the TableToPoints-variable (created under 3.)
6. Activate the Filter
Hope that helps someone....
BTW: When exporting the streamtraces as *.csv the column "Integration Time Steps" can be used for travel time analysis.
This was really helpful
Yes, but it's a bit intricate. In case of more than one run automatization with a script would be nice where loading xyz data, activating the filters, and finally write new csv file would be done by one click....
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:48.|