CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > OpenFOAM Paraview & paraFoam

Frustrating for noobs? (paraView)

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   July 18, 2009, 14:56
Default Frustrating for noobs? (paraView)

PattiMichelle is on a distinguished road
I'm being a good citizen and going through the tutorials starting with the first one (lid driven cavity flow) but the tutorial jumps right from running "icoFoam" to viewing the output - it seems to skip the step of loading the data into paraView. After restarting paraView (after icoFoam), I do see U and p in the properties tab of the Object inspector, and I check them and hit "apply" - but over in the Display tab, the option to color by U or p doesn't appear.

When I entered the information tab, then returned to the display tab, the fields DID appear in the color by drop down. Hmmm.... Then there's the whole time thing that took a while to guess. Too bad the tutorials aren't "wikis" or I could edit some additions to make this easier for noobs.

Patti
PattiMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote