Home > Forums > OpenFOAM Post-Processing

PLEASE HELP! Viewing 3D fluid flow in ParaView

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   November 5, 2012, 14:58
Default PLEASE HELP! Viewing 3D fluid flow in ParaView

smschnob is on a distinguished road
Greetings,

I would like to view 3-dimensionally, in ParaView, the spray from a slit nozzle. However, if I attempt to visualize this in ParaView the spray is obstructed from view by the surrounding volume. For example, if I look at phase fraction, the spray is obstructed from view by all of the regions with zero phase fraction. Do I need to modify the solver to hide regions with zero phase fraction? If so, how would I do this? I'm not sure if I'm explaing this very well. I have included a screenshot, which hopefully offers some more clarity. In addition, I used the interFoam solver. Any help anyone can provide would be very much appreciated? Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot1.jpg (87.0 KB, 34 views)
smschnob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 5, 2012, 18:06

Duong A. Hoang
duongquaphim is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to duongquaphim
Hi,

You might want to plot only the contour of alpha1 = 0.5, then you can see the spray I think. Another option is to reduce the Opacity of the entire domain, in that sense you can easily see the slice you made. But I think the first method is better.

Duong
duongquaphim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 6, 2012, 17:56

smschnob is on a distinguished road
Thank you for the help! I was able to see the spray by creating contour plots as well as threshold plots.
smschnob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3d spray, interfoam, nozzle flow, paraview