[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > OpenFOAM Post-Processing

Calculate field and patch averages in multiple zones, large mesh

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   July 20, 2015, 08:34
Default Calculate field and patch averages in multiple zones, large mesh

buffi is on a distinguished road
I have a case with a very large mesh (~ 50 million cells) and I want to calculate average data from patches and fields (wall heat flux, T, U). How should I approach this?

For smaller meshes I simply created a number of cellSets, called subsetMesh for each set and used simple OF tools to calculate those quantities. In this case, however, creating the sets would take a lot of time, because the whole mesh must be loaded for each set. The resulting mesh subsets would occupy a lot of disk space.

Is there a way to make these calculations in one go, or do I have to create and validate my own utility that basically will do what all the simple tool already do well? swak4foam doesn't sound like the right thing here, because I want to separate post-processing from actual solving.

Regards

Christoph
buffi is offline   Reply With Quote