CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   OpenFOAM Post-Processing (
-   -   Problem postprocessing wall shear stress (

sylvain91 July 5, 2006 04:43

I ran a case for ChannelOodles
I ran a case for ChannelOodles. I would like to know the wall shear stress so I used the postprocessing utilities wallShearStress but a message error popped up concerning the definition of the turbulence model. I chose Smagorinsky or dynSmagorinsky from the directory turbulenceProperties and it occurs in both case. Does someone know what happens here?

Reading field U

Reading/calculating face flux field phi

Selecting incompressible transport model Newtonian

--> FOAM FATAL IO ERROR : keyword turbulenceModel is undefined in dictionary "/home/gemini/OpenFOAM/roud8394-1.3/run/tutorials/channelOodles/smagChan/constan t/turbulenceProperties"

file: /home/gemini/OpenFOAM/roud8394-1.3/run/tutorials/channelOodles/smagChan/constant /turbulenceProperties from line 27 to line 181.

From function dictionary::lookupEntry(const word& keyword) const
in file db/dictionary/dictionary.C at line 152.

FOAM exiting

anne July 10, 2006 02:59

Hello Sylvain, I performed
Hello Sylvain,

I performed several channel flow LES, actually
to compute the total wall-shear stress I made
my own program (in f77) that computed any quantity (with wall coordinates normalization) from the files posprocessed by postchannel. For me it
was the
easiest way to do it.

PosChannel gives you all the mean quantities: U, resolves shear stress, subgrid shear stres so that
you can extract whatever you want from them.

I didn't use wallShear stres utility so for this
I can't help you.

MD276 September 13, 2012 05:45

Hi ,I work with some DNS data IN RE-taw=180.
I have 130*130*130* grid point in 5 timewindows.
The pressure Gradient is 1.I try to find Taw-Av on the wall. it should be near 1, but My simulation give me a wrong value.
I USED THIS statement for TAW.

I OBTAIN the difference of u at each grid for J=0 AND 1in 2xz plane