Running sampleSurface (interpolatedIsoSurface) of OF-1.4.1 on the solution of OF-1.5
I want to run the SampleSurface utility of OF-1.4.1 for extracting IsoSurface from the solution files of OF-1.5. I have installed OF-1.4.1 specially on a 32bit machine for this purpose. My OF-1.5 cases are parallel computing results and then i reconstruct the results. But when i try to run the SampleSurface utility with the definition as given in some previous posts, it says the following error
#0 Foam::error::printStack(Foam::Ostream&) addr2line failed
#1 Foam::sigSegv::sigSegvHandler(int) addr2line failed
#2 Uninterpreted: [0xb7f73420]
#3 Foam::List<Foam::cell>::List(int) addr2line failed
#4 Foam::primitiveMesh::calcCells() const addr2line failed
#5 Foam::primitiveMesh::cells() const addr2line failed
#6 Foam::Cloud<Foam::passiveParticle>::Cloud(Foam::po lyMesh const&, Foam::IDLList<Foam::passiveParticle> const&)
#7 Uninterpreted: sampleSurface [0x8068dc2]
#8 __libc_start_main addr2line failed
any suggestions to solve this problem.
i have the same problem you posted. did you find a way to sample the isosurface? please let me know. I'm looking for a way to do it with the 1.5 version but I havent found a solution yet.
I was not able to run the sampleSurface utility for interpolated isosurface in OF-1.5. I think this utility does not work for extracting isosurface in OF-1.5.
And I was not able to use the samplesurface utility of OF-1.4.1 on the files of OF-1.5. I dont know the reason why this does not work.
So finally I made a new user account on my machine and Installed OF-1.6.x and then used the samplesurface utility of OF-1.6.x by just changing the filename to alpha1 on the files of OF-1.5.
Also installing OF-1.6.x was not a big deal thanks to the script available on the forum.
You can also extract the isosurface in Paraview by using the contour utility and specifying a value of 0.5.
How do you use "sampleDict" to sample over a volume on OpenFOAM-1.5.
I think the reason that sampleSurf(1.4) doesn't work on a 1.5 case is because the mesh definition (amongst other things) is slightly different between the versions.
You could try changing the case mesh definition to be like 1.4 by following this post:
But the results file are probably a different version too so I am not sure if it will work, but just an idea.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 13:13.|