I'm having a problem with the
I'm having a problem with the Host Browser / Case Browser in FoamX. Namely, the correct host (I'm just using my computer) used to show up, but somehow when I was messing with the Dictionary Edit window I must have changed this because now the only host that appears is <> (just like that). This 'host' can't be validated and since there are no valid cases i can't right click and open the Dictionary Edit box again. I click on it and it just responds with "Case Browser failed to start" or a similar message. How do I fix this manually? (The host should be 'sentra' instead of '<>'). Is there some list of hosts in a configuration file? I looked through the FoamX.cfg and controlDict.cfg and controlDic files, none of them mentioned hosts , <>, sentra, or any of the directories that used to appear in the case browser (just the tutorial case dirs). What can I do to fix this?
- Check your .OpenFOAM-1.3/con
- Check your .OpenFOAM-1.3/controlDict. What is in the 'hosts' section? Mine is empty
- Does your machine have a hostname? Do
all return the same name?
- Check the system/controlDict of your case. Any new entries in there? If in doubt, recopy one of the tutorial cases and start from there.
- Does your $FOAMX_CONFIG/FoamXClient.cfg have the orbinitialhost setting uncommented?
Somehow I must have missed tha
Somehow I must have missed that in my controlDict file; it did indeed say "<>" and deleting that fixed the problem
I assume grep didn't find it because I wasn't looking for the space.
Thank you so much! You probably saved me an hour or more of ignorant searching.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 00:44.|