CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   OpenFOAM Pre-Processing (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-pre-processing/)
-   -   Problem with setFields: "wrong token type - expected word" (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-pre-processing/77064-problem-setfields-wrong-token-type-expected-word.html)

svevo June 11, 2010 10:22

Problem with setFields: "wrong token type - expected word"

Hi everybody,

I'm a new user of OpenFoam on a MacBookPro. I've installed OpenFOAM v.1.5 with ParaView v.3.8.

Only two words to understand the case.

I'm trying to run the "sloshingTank3D6DoF" tutorial because I think is a very close case respect to that I have to develop. I have to model a rigid tank (Dimensions: 60x30x20 cm) partially filled by water subjected to a time history of acceleration. About that I've received the suggest to employ a:

"VOF free surface
flow solver with a moving mesh"

available in OpenFOAM.

Well, every time that I try to run "setFields" to set the liquid phase fraction to 1 I get back from the program this strings of error:

// * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * //
Create time

Create mesh for time = 0

Reading setFieldsDict

Setting field default values
--> FOAM Warning :
From function void setFieldType(const fvMesh& mesh, const labelList& selectedCells,Istream& fieldValueStream)
in file setFields.C at line 100
Field gamma not found

wrong token type - expected word found on line 19 the label 0

file: /Users/tommasomassai/OpenFOAM/tommasomassai-1.5/run/tutorials/interDyMFoam/sloshingTank3D6DoF/system/setFieldsDict::defaultFieldValues at line 19.

From function operator>>(Istream&, word&)
in file primitives/strings/word/wordIO.C at line 77.

FOAM exiting
-------------------

but there's nothing wrong because I merely run the preset tutorial.

Am I wrong ?

Have you any suggest about that, but also about the simulation that I describe before ?

Every answer is appreciated

thanks to all,
cheers,

svevo

SMesser July 11, 2011 18:21

You might check your directories and version numbers. I had a similar problem crop up when I was switching between 1.7.1 and 1.6-ext versions of OpenFOAM. It looks to me like 1.7.1 creates the "0" subdirectory based on the "0.org", while 1.6-ext expects the "0" to be there already. Because of the different assumptions, the Allclean script is slightly different between the two versions.

gsingle November 9, 2011 22:45

did you figure this out?

nimasam November 10, 2011 08:31

the error says:
"Field gamma not found"
so look at directory 0, is there any gamma file there?
becareful
if there is gamma.org change into gamma
but if you use a higher version of openFoam, it
uses alpha1 instead of gamma so you should change in setFields gamma to alpha1

hooman.es December 13, 2015 14:01

Hi, i have the same problem
I'm a new user of OpenFoam. I've installed OpenFOAM 3.0.0
would you please help me fix it?
Setting field default values
--> FOAM Warning :
From function void setCellFieldType(const fvMesh& mesh, const labelList& selectedCells,Istream& fieldValueStream)
in file setFields.C at line 124
Field alpha.water not found

Setting field region values
Adding cells with center within boxes 1((0 0 -1) (0.1461 0.292 1))
--> FOAM Warning :
From function void setCellFieldType(const fvMesh& mesh, const labelList& selectedCells,Istream& fieldValueStream)
in file setFields.C at line 124
Field alpha.water not found

fabian_roesler December 14, 2015 02:16

Hi,

have you changed alpha.water.org to alpha.water? In the interFoam tutorial there is no alpha.water field present.
Just execute
Code:

cp ./0/alpha.water.org ./0/alpha.water
in the case directory.

Cheers

Fabian

Andy_Wang April 22, 2016 06:30

Hi, i have the same problem with setFields. I have changed the alpha.water.org in alpha.water. But the setFields is still not working und give the same warning. I really dont know how to slove it. Could anybody give me a hint? Thanks a lot!

Andy