propeller tutorial using AMI in OF v2.1.0
I tried to set up a pitching airfoil case based on the propeller tutorial in OF v2.1.0. But a few points in the stationary part of domain follow the rotating domain. please see the red circle in the attached figure. Is there anyone who knows how to fix this?
The procedures which I followed are
- mesh generation in Gridgen (set 'insideSlider', 'outsideSlider' separately in BC sets)
- output as a fluent case file
- convert to into OF files using fluentMeshToFoam
- set up 'boudary' file for AMI (attachment, 'boundary.txt')
- set rotating cellzone by using 'setSet' -> cellSet insideZone new cylinderToCell (0.5 0 0) (0.5 0 0) 2.5 (see 'dynamicMeshDict.txt')
- setsToZone -noFlipMap
Problem is solved by using 'mergeMeshes' option.
I Generated 'insideSlider' and 'outsideSlider' separately and use 'mergeMeshes' option to merge these two mesh together.
I have the same question with you. My mesh has two domains, rotor and stator. AMI1 and AMI2 locate between the two domain. I have no idea about how to improe the .msh file to OF. I wish you can tell me the detailed process about mesh converting..thanks very much.
Place your mesh in constant/triSurface
and type following command (cd .. cd ..)
and then follow impecca's comments.
Thanks for your reply..
For now, I creat mesh using ICEMCDF, containing one domain. I have convert the mesh with fluent3DMeshToFoam. The issue is that how can i split the mesh into two domain (rotor and stator). another issue is how can i acquire AMI1 and AMI2 faces, and how to set rotor zones..
I am not very sure what your question means, but this slide may help you to understand how to specifying the AMI or GGI.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:47.|