OpenFOAM and nvidia maximus
I'm totally newbie to CFD but just started to learn these days. Here is my question: my professor asked me to chose a workstation to work on CFD using OpenFoam. then i started to look at dell and hp workstations and there is this technology called nvidia maximus: i think you know about this tech. so would you tell me how maximus is used in openfoam? or a more fundamental question is that can i take advantage of nvidia maximus as i will run bunch of simulations? if so, where will this take place? i mean, i don't think that i'll write the code as usual and hit run and then thanks to maximus working under the hood it will run super fast and everything is ok.
* i think that i need to modify source code or something like that.
* and there is this thing called parallel programming i think i need to know, right?
can anyone benefitting maximus tell me the process step by step?
and finally, assuming that OF and nvidia maximus works together pretty well, which configuration i should pick for max computational power?
* one intel E5 series CPU and a kepler series quadro GPU + tesla
* dual intel E5 series CPUs and dual kepler series quadro and no tesla
* ... any of your suggestion with reasoning.
Utilizing any GPU acceleration should be an afterthought. If you're brand new to CFD and OpenFOAM just installing OF, understanding the case structure, and sorting though basic source code is a significant challenge in itself.
I say revisit the GPU idea in a year or so and see if you want to pursue something like that.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 22:52.|