CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   OpenFOAM Programming & Development (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-programming-development/)
-   -   Steady interPhaseChangeFoam (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-programming-development/117865-steady-interphasechangefoam.html)

sfigato May 16, 2013 10:06

Steady interPhaseChangeFoam

Dear Foamers,

I have merged the interPhaseChangeFoam with the LTSInterFoam aprroach in order to develop a steady state solver for cavitation! I was able to compile and run my solver for some iterations. After these, the simulation blowed up!

I think that it is due to the continuity error (too big) or to the explicitLTS MULES!

Can anyone has some experience about this topic?

Any advice is really appreciate!

Thanks

Regards
Marco

zhouhoucun April 1, 2015 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfigato (Post 428044)
Dear Foamers,

I have merged the interPhaseChangeFoam with the LTSInterFoam aprroach in order to develop a steady state solver for cavitation! I was able to compile and run my solver for some iterations. After these, the simulation blowed up!

I think that it is due to the continuity error (too big) or to the explicitLTS MULES!

Thanks

Regards
Marco

hi, have you solved yiur problem? could you send me your code?

crixman April 2, 2015 04:55

Hi, is the code suitable for OF2.2.x. ?
I'd like to have a look at the code if possible! I developed an MRFLTSInterFoam and LTSpimpleFoam for OF2.2.x - let me know if it can be interesting

zhouhoucun April 2, 2015 05:03

Quote:

Dear Foamers,

Thanks

Regards
Marco

Dear Marco,
Could you share your code with me?My email address is 470861844@qq.com. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks in advance.
Zhou

sharonyue April 8, 2015 12:52

Quote:

Dear Foamers,

Thanks

Regards
Marco

Hi Marco,

I did the same job with twoPhaseEulerFoam. Unfortunately, for some cases LTS does not have any advantage but easy to blow up. I dont know how your cases blow up. Because of LTS's idea, it will violate the mass and momentum balance of transient solution. Maybe u can start the simulation by Gauss upwind, when reaching the desired convergence and then increase the order of the scheme.

Anyway, for my case LTS's method took very very long time steps to reach steadystate. Almost the same with the real transient twoPhaseEulerFoam. So I did not play around it alot.