CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   OpenFOAM Programming & Development (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-programming-development/)
-   -   swak4Foam & externalWallHeatFluxTemperature (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-programming-development/98159-swak4foam-externalwallheatfluxtemperature.html)

calim_cfd March 4, 2012 18:11

swak4Foam & externalWallHeatFluxTemperature

Hello again every1!

I need to customize sth but im not sure swak4foam can handle it..

I need to use the this boundary condition ( /opt/openfoam210/src/turbulenceModels/compressible/turbulenceModel/derivedFvPatchFields/externalWallHeatFluxTemperature ) but i want to use the settings with "h" and "Ta". Thing is i have an h which is time dependent!!

i guess i have 2 options and i wonder which one should be best?:confused:

a)implement the DataEntry class within this BC

b)create sth equivalent with swak4Foam?

i wanted to work with the army knife but since i need the convection coefficients to be time dependent i'm not quite sure that the swak4f is able to handle it!

thank you for your time!:rolleyes:

gschaider March 5, 2012 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by calim_cfd (Post 347607)
Hello again every1!

I need to customize sth but im not sure swak4foam can handle it..

I need to use the this boundary condition ( /opt/openfoam210/src/turbulenceModels/compressible/turbulenceModel/derivedFvPatchFields/externalWallHeatFluxTemperature ) but i want to use the settings with "h" and "Ta". Thing is i have an h which is time dependent!!

i guess i have 2 options and i wonder which one should be best?:confused:

a)implement the DataEntry class within this BC

Even in that case you can use swak4Foam as since the last release it defines a subclass to DataEntry that allows expressions ... the result has to be uniform.

Quote:

b)create sth equivalent with swak4Foam?

This is possible too IF the field that defines the heat conduction is present in memory (not if it is calculated on the fly) - so it depends basically onthe solver.

The BC you mention is basically a mixedBC and groovyBC can emulate that (as long as it is not on a mapped-patch)

Quote:

i wanted to work with the army knife but since i need the convection coefficients to be time dependent i'm not quite sure that the swak4f is able to handle it!

thank you for your time!:rolleyes:

calim_cfd March 5, 2012 16:11

Hi gschaider!

thanks for the reply!

the solver should be the scalarTransportFoam since i'm solving only for temperature on a solid domain - some steel alloy

I guess i'll try to implement the dataentry class first, cuz it's seems to provide a "broader BC".

since i'm not that familiar with doxygen classes and functions it might take a while till i compile sth but as soon i as get sth working ill post it here

for now, thanks for time gs, :)