Coupled Brownian Dynamics with OpenFoam

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   June 14, 2012, 18:03
Default Coupled Brownian Dynamics with OpenFoam

A Sharma
stealth is on a distinguished road
Hello OpenFoam Users,

I am working on solutions to Poisson Nernst Planck Equation (Diffusion Equation with drift of charged particles due to external electric field) to study dynamics of charged particles. The geometry consists of microfluidic channels over microelectrode assembly.

I want to take into account fluid motion by coupling Navier Stokes Equation with PNP equation, as an example case : to see the dynamics of charged particles inside the droplets which are created from a TJunction.
This means fluid flow should be included and particles are constraint by dynamics of droplets.

Is it possible to resolve the droplet shape at each time step and to couple velocity profile from OpenFoam solutions to dynamics of particles dynamically, assuming there is no significant change in droplet behavior due to external electric fields ?

Regards,

A. Sharma
stealth is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 3, 2012, 12:43

Vishal Nandigana
nandiganavishal is on a distinguished road
Hi Sharma,

I am working to simulate similar dynamics !! Were you able to incorporate the Brownian dynamics in the PNP solver.

Please let me know.

Regards
Vishal
nandiganavishal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   August 17, 2013, 18:27
Default Hi nandiganavishal,

javadu
javadu is on a distinguished road
I'm simulating the nanoparticle size motion and one of the important mechanism in this size is Brownian motion respect to the particles high diffusion, could you help me please, how can I add it in OpenFoam?

thanks
best regards
javadu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   August 17, 2013, 22:28

Vishal Nandigana
nandiganavishal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by javadu View Post
I'm simulating the nanoparticle size motion and one of the important mechanism in this size is Brownian motion respect to the particles high diffusion, could you help me please, how can I add it in OpenFoam?

thanks
best regards

Hi,

I do not fully understand the objective of your problem. Do you want to couple the Brownian dynamics of the particle with the continuum equation or do you want to incorporate only Brownian dynamics?

Vishal
nandiganavishal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   August 18, 2013, 04:28
Default Hi

javadu
javadu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nandiganavishal View Post
Hi,

I do not fully understand the objective of your problem. Do you want to couple the Brownian dynamics of the particle with the continuum equation or do you want to incorporate only Brownian dynamics?

Vishal
Hi
I am using one way interaction (fluid-particle) with solidParticleFoam solver based on Lagrangian approach. I incorporated the gravity and Stoks drag forces in particle equation of motion but I can't add the Brownian force in equation. I've seen code file for brownian motion in directory :
/opt/openfoam210/src/lagrangian/intermediate/submodels/Thermodynamic/ParticleForces /BrownianMotion

but I don't know how can I link this library to particle equation and what additional parameters and changing must be added in the before solidParticleFoam solver

I'll be very thankful

Javadu
javadu is offline   Reply With Quote