CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-solving/)
-   -   sprayEngineFoam - floating point exception error (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-solving/110629-sprayenginefoam-floating-point-exception-error.html)

ris December 16, 2012 14:36

sprayEngineFoam - floating point exception error

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,

I am attempting to run a simulation using sprayEngineFoam using the standard kiva geometry provided with enginefoam .
I have used the system folder and engine geometry files of enginefoam and the spraycloudproperties/chemistry/thermophysical/combustion files of sprayfoam.
The simulation runs until the point of injection, where after the 1st injection of particles, I recieve the following floating point exception error:

Solving cloud sprayCloud
#0 Foam::error::printStack(Foam::Ostream&) in "/opt/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.1.x/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/libOpenFOAM.so"
#1 Foam::sigFpe::sigHandler(int) in "/opt/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.1.x/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/libOpenFOAM.so"
#2 in "/lib64/libc.so.6"
#3 Foam::C7H16::D(double, double, double) const in "/opt/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.1.x/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/libliquidProperties.so"
in "/opt/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.1.x/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/bin/sprayEngineFoam"
#13 __libc_start_main in "/lib64/libc.so.6"
at /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/glibc-2.15/csu/../sysdeps/x86_64/elf/start.S:116
Floating point exception

I have attached my case folder (The geometry is the otape17 kiva file not included in the zip), Please could someone have a look at this and see where I could be going wrong.

Many thanks,

ris.

ris December 17, 2012 17:07

I managed to overcome the problem. I defined flowrateprofile in seconds rather than CAD which was a silly misatke. Also I increased the number of ncorrectors and switched off momentum predictor.

mturcios777 December 17, 2012 17:46

The latest version of sprayEngineFoam has injection defined in terms of CA. But I'm glad you fixed your problems.

vijay480 May 27, 2013 07:01

sprayEngineFoam

Hello Sir,

I am new to OpenFoam and i am looking at simulating sprayEngineFoam .unfortunately in my version of OF i dont have any tutorial . Nevertheless I have combined engineFoam and sprayFoam but still couldnot take it ahead.
Any help from people who has done sprayEngineFoam will b ehighly appreciated !

Thanks ,
Vijay.