CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD (
-   -   RhoCentralFoam-MultiSpecies-NonReacting (

Azanulbizar January 23, 2013 19:25

I need to adapt rhocentralFoam to do mulitspecies non reacting simulation. Basically, at the inlet, I would like to inject 2-3 types of gases.

Can anyone gives me a suggestion of how to go about this matter?

The rhoCentralFoam.C looks much more complicated compared to other solvers and hence, I dont have much clue to change the codes so that I can take in multispecies/gases I need to inject in.

Thank you very much.

apu111 March 8, 2015 04:53

Hi Azanulbizar,
Have you solved this problem?
So is it possible to introduce 2-3 non-reacting gases mixture in rhoCentralFoam?
I am working on delaval nozzle and I want to introduce them at nozzle inlet.

Thanks in advance!

demichie March 9, 2015 13:49

1 Attachment(s)
I have published a couple of years ago a paper on a new OpenFOAM solver we have developed for a two-phase model using a central scheme approach similar to that used in rhoCetralFoam:

La Spina, G. & de' Michieli Vitturi, M. High-Resolution Finite Volume Central Schemes for a Compressible Two-Phase Model SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, SIAM, 2012, 34, 861-880

In a more recent work we have also introduced mass transfer in the model.
If you are interested you can send an email to the first author asking for the code.

P.S. I have attached a figure from one of the papers comparing the results of a simulation with those of a lab experiments for the interaction of a shock wave with a cylindrical bubble.