Utilities: post average turbulence fields and create turbulence fields for LES
I found the following issues in OpenFOAM concerning some turbulence analysis:
- the utility createTurbulenceFields only works for RAS computations
- there is no standard utility to average fields after computation has been done (to get U-mean, U-rms, R-Mean, Reff-Mean ...)
So I worked on these utilities and after mentioning it in some posts I got replies and private messages asking me if I could publish them. So here they are:
Is a tools which writes out the fields k,epsilon, R, Reff after a RAS or LES simulation has been performed.
Inspired by eelcovv, who wrote the tool postAverage, I extended his tools to be also able to post average the fields R and Reff. Again RAS and LES are supported.
The post can be found here http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ope...rocessing.html
How to use these utilities
Please find attached the modified tutorials
Including Allrun scripts which show how to use these tools.
How to install
- copy the contents from the archives "postAverageTurbulenceFields.zip" and "createTurbulenceFieldsLES.zip" into the folder username-2.1.1/application/utilities
- go into each of the folders postAverageTurbulenceFields and createTurbulenceFieldsLES and type wmake
It also worked under OpenFOAM 1.6.
- for some reason, which I did not figure out, averaging the Reynolds stress tensor for RAS computations does not work (but works for Reff)
- if the output setting for the averaging is set to certain values, nothing is written. However, it works for output intervals 1 and 2 (just delete the unnecessary files after averaging)
I am happy about any comments how to improve these tools or if there is a better way to post own code.
Great work and thanks for all the efforts you have put in. I will give these tools a try and let you know.
Energy spectrum - LES simulation
I'm relatively new to LES simulation and I'm struggling now to post-process energy spectrum to verify the -5/3 law for my model.
Does anyone know how to extract/create that field in OF?
Want to calculate UPrime2Mean
Sorry for opening up this old thread.
I want to calculate UPrime2Mean in LES post-processing.
createTurbulenceFieldsLES is calculating R and Reff but these values are different from UPrime2Mean
Can someone help me in this...
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 13:49.|