CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD

Diverging solution in transonicMRFDyMFoam

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree1Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   September 30, 2013, 20:52
Default Diverging solution in transonicMRFDyMFoam
  #1
New Member
 
Trent
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2
Rep Power: 0
tsalter is on a distinguished road
Hi,

I am attempting to replicate a 2D compressor profile test case using the transonicMRFDyMFoam solver from the Density Based Turbo package for OpenFoam-1.6-extend. I have run the case in sonicFoam and have a reasonable result, which I am attempting to replicate in transonicMRFDyMFoam.

sonicFoam results:
sonicFoam_p_converged.png
sonicFoam_U_converged.png

The pressure and velocity transonicMRFDyMFoam results diverge very quickly.
transonicMRFDyMFoam_p.png
transonicMRFDyMFoam_U.png

In the attached case, I used the keyword "cyclic" for the periodic boundary conditions (to model an infinite array of blades) at the top and bottom (using createPatch to merge two patches into one periodic patch), however I have also used 'cyclicGgi' periodic boundary conditions to the same result.

I have been stuck on this problem for a while now, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached the set up files, however the full polymesh files were too large to attach, so only the 'boundary' polyMesh file has been included.
sc10_tranconicMRFDyMFoam.tar.gz

Thanks heaps
tsalter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 29, 2014, 01:46
Default Hi
  #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bangalore India
Posts: 134
Rep Power: 3
sam.ho is on a distinguished road
Hi Trent,

Have you been able to run transonicMRFDyMFoam case of your's successfully ?

I need some help in this regard.
Can you please help me ?
sam.ho is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 9, 2014, 17:06
Default
  #3
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 5
dowlee is on a distinguished road
hi sam
please list more detail about what you want to know. rencently i am doing rans simulation by using transonicMRFDyMFoam for compressor.
dowlee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 12, 2014, 23:53
Post Floating point exception (core dumped) in transonicMRFDyMFoam
  #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bangalore India
Posts: 134
Rep Power: 3
sam.ho is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowlee View Post
hi sam
please list more detail about what you want to know. rencently i am doing rans simulation by using transonicMRFDyMFoam for compressor.
Dear Dowlee,

I have set up the case for radial inflow turbine passage. I have used cyclic boundary condition for periodic surfaces and overlap GGI between the rotating and stationary parts.
When I run the case I am getting following error.
Code:
sml5kor@BMH301562:~/OpenFOAM/sml5kor-1.6-ext/run/Turbine_CASE_29.04.2014$ transonicMRFDyMFoam 
/*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*\
| =========                 |                                                 |
| \\      /  F ield         | OpenFOAM Extend Project: Open source CFD        |
|  \\    /   O peration     | Version:  1.6-ext                               |
|   \\  /    A nd           | Web:      www.extend-project.de                 |
|    \\/     M anipulation  |                                                 |
\*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
Build  : 1.6-ext
Exec   : transonicMRFDyMFoam
Date   : Apr 30 2014
Time   : 10:02:43
Host   : BMH301562
PID    : 28172
Case   : /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/sml5kor-1.6-ext/run/Turbine_CASE_29.04.2014
nProcs : 1
SigFpe : Enabling floating point exception trapping (FOAM_SIGFPE).

// * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * //
Create time

Create dynamic mesh for time = 0

Selecting dynamicFvMesh staticFvMesh
Reading thermophysical properties

Selecting thermodynamics package hPsiThermo<pureMixture<constTransport<specieThermo<hConstThermo<perfectGas>>>>>
Allocating field rho

Reading field U

Reading/calculating face flux field phi

Creating MRF model

Creating turbulence model

Selecting turbulence model type RASModel
Selecting RAS turbulence model kOmegaSST
kOmegaSSTCoeffs
{
    Prt             0.9;
    alphaK1         0.85034;
    alphaK2         1;
    alphaOmega1     0.5;
    alphaOmega2     0.85616;
    gamma1          0.5532;
    gamma2          0.4403;
    beta1           0.075;
    beta2           0.0828;
    betaStar        0.09;
    a1              0.31;
    c1              10;
}

Create Riemann solver

Allocating field rhoU

Allocating field rhoE

Allocating physDeltaT list for RK and Dual-Time Stepping


Starting time loop


 Time = 5e-05

diagonal:  Solving for rho, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUx, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUy, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUz, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoE, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
rho L2 Residual: 5.22287757622644
rho LInf Residual: 6.44791071235071

DILUPBiCG:  Solving for omega, Initial residual = 0.00130432164252392, Final residual = 2.96795116630587e-09, No Iterations 1
bounding omega, min: -8706879.03922889 max: 81910182030.3853 average: 143455780.414936
DILUPBiCG:  Solving for k, Initial residual = 1, Final residual = 6.44126182533454e-11, No Iterations 2
bounding k, min: -0.10155708303169 max: 3128.93273261909 average: 5.22430823460557

    ExecutionTime = 22.19 s

 performance data:
   Head (m)   = 153590.297255837
   TOmega (W) = 105.444029188369
   Eff (%)    = -9.05754907371286
   Forces     = (0.116067242676771 0.448441765109099 1.03710250567382)
   Moments    = (-0.0109810410962604 -0.0145957547140102 0.00728641017051233)

 Fluid power output:
  dEm (W) = -1164.15631127401
  Head (m) = 153590.297255837

forces output:
    forces(pressure, viscous)((0.0246120695715455 0.0593173620106552 0.064901448211144) (0.0914551731052256 0.389124403098444 0.972201057462674))
    moment(pressure, viscous)((-0.00701764721585918 3.55306881895442e-05 0.000938169101871696) (-0.00396339388040122 -0.0146312854021998 0.00634824106864064))


 Time = 0.0001

diagonal:  Solving for rho, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUx, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUy, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUz, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoE, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
bounding rho, min: -3571.52349710333 max: 135.300557117857 average: 0.0624592646242397
bounding rhoE, min: -5840210714.15816 max: 285770183.417902 average: 16821.1460355255
bounding U max: 9163515.75862727
bounding h, min: -559187.987560337 max: 1329471.19462314 average: 570184.378251595
rho L2 Residual: 5.75472688663313
rho LInf Residual: 7.10596896265805

DILUPBiCG:  Solving for omega, Initial residual = 0.000870710888200336, Final residual = 4.13051427693362e-09, No Iterations 1
bounding omega, min: -485017.969038368 max: 82333537116.776 average: 144331930.942993
DILUPBiCG:  Solving for k, Initial residual = 0.740046810060922, Final residual = 7.44167813561397e-09, No Iterations 3

    ExecutionTime = 32.92 s

 performance data:
   Head (m)   = 79014.871433648
   TOmega (W) = 113.872177860226
   Eff (%)    = 0.263868113135903
   Forces     = (0.132477788867598 0.487273650008056 1.06569241218417)
   Moments    = (-0.011384295242643 -0.0150292348287509 0.00786881344809862)

 Fluid power output:
  dEm (W) = 43154.9596906303
  Head (m) = 79014.871433648

forces output:
    forces(pressure, viscous)((0.0453001853033088 0.115529386787037 0.125766544339912) (0.0871776035642893 0.371744263221019 0.939925867844254))
    moment(pressure, viscous)((-0.00758893570416305 -0.000882449356738547 0.00179562705778156) (-0.00379535953847992 -0.0141467854720123 0.00607318639031707))


 Time = 0.00015

Floating point exception (core dumped)
Boundary conditions and boundary files are attached with.
Could you please help me in this regard.

Regards,
Sam
Attached Files
File Type: zip BC Files .zip (12.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: zip boundary.zip (940 Bytes, 4 views)
sam.ho is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 14, 2014, 04:09
Default
  #5
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 5
dowlee is on a distinguished road
Hi, Sam
1. I have a look at the attached files. For the inlet boundary, total pressure, total temperature and flow direction are usually specified. I find that you did not set the inlet flow direction, but zeroGradient in 0/U file is set in the inlet patch instead. I think you can try the typical boundary condition provided by Borm.

2. According to my experience, you can first turn off turbulence, set a higher outlet pressure (e.g. 190000Pa) and set the rotating speed to zero. If this calculation works, then you can gradually improve the rotating speed and lower the outlet pressure.

3. For the inter-row treatment, which kind of method did you use? (mixing plane or frozen rotor)

Last edited by dowlee; May 14, 2014 at 04:12. Reason: wrong words
dowlee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 15, 2014, 02:01
Default
  #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bangalore India
Posts: 134
Rep Power: 3
sam.ho is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowlee View Post
Hi, Sam
1. I have a look at the attached files. For the inlet boundary, total pressure, total temperature and flow direction are usually specified. I find that you did not set the inlet flow direction, but zeroGradient in 0/U file is set in the inlet patch instead. I think you can try the typical boundary condition provided by Borm.

2. According to my experience, you can first turn off turbulence, set a higher outlet pressure (e.g. 190000Pa) and set the rotating speed to zero. If this calculation works, then you can gradually improve the rotating speed and lower the outlet pressure.

3. For the inter-row treatment, which kind of method did you use? (mixing plane or frozen rotor)
Hi,

1. Can you provide me the typical boundary condition provided by Borm. ? Means where I can find them.

3. frozen rotor. means MRF method as Borm used in transonicMRFDyMFoam solver .
sam.ho is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 15, 2014, 04:45
Default
  #7
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 5
dowlee is on a distinguished road
Hi, you will download the folder named densityBasedSolver in http://sourceforge.net/projects/openfoam-extend/.
There are some tutorials provided by Brom in the directory "densityBasedSolver/run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam.ho View Post
Hi,

1. Can you provide me the typical boundary condition provided by Borm. ? Means where I can find them.

3. frozen rotor. means MRF method as Borm used in transonicMRFDyMFoam solver .
dowlee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 17, 2014, 05:14
Post
  #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bangalore India
Posts: 134
Rep Power: 3
sam.ho is on a distinguished road
I was able to run the case but after 1000 iterations I am getting wrong flow rate .

Code:
 Time = 1000

diagonal:  Solving for rho, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUx, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUy, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUz, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoE, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
bounding U max: 46939.3687296215
rho L2 Residual: 5.19492515331512
rho LInf Residual: 6.6959350398147

DILUPBiCG:  Solving for omega, Initial residual = 3.95477114014134e-06, Final residual = 2.94743732008884e-11, No Iterations 1
DILUPBiCG:  Solving for k, Initial residual = 0.000135496572893564, Final residual = 4.27530898304972e-09, No Iterations 1
bounding k, min: -0.00138428982961019 max: 258480.340654354 average: 1085.527034435

    ExecutionTime = 7105.86 s

 MassFlows:   INLET = 2.69804743578668e-09
 MassFlows:   OUTLET = 0.123375043979185
 Averages of p :  INLET = 200000  OUTLET = 100203.673206441
 Averages of rho :  INLET = 0.700070745782449  OUTLET = 0.696048056366656
 Averages of T :  INLET = 992.999999999999  OUTLET = 500.385591367588
 Averages of U :  INLET = (-1.50903942957102e-06 0 0)  OUTLET = (4.30635301362846 4.48022752259606 98.9735954313029)

 end
Mass flow should be around 0.0075 Kg/s

Pressure and Temperature are fine .
What could be the reason for this ?
sam.ho is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 19, 2014, 01:28
Post BC and Constant files
  #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bangalore India
Posts: 134
Rep Power: 3
sam.ho is on a distinguished road
Hi,

Please find the attached BC and Initial values of the case which has run but wrong mass flow. Let me know your feed back upon this .

Regards,
Sam
Attached Files
File Type: zip constant.zip (2.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: zip Intital and BC.zip (12.5 KB, 2 views)
sam.ho is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 19, 2014, 04:25
Post "libsimpleFunctionObjects.so"
  #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bangalore India
Posts: 134
Rep Power: 3
sam.ho is on a distinguished road
Code:
functions
(
   inletMassFlow
   {
     type patchMassFlow;
     functionObjectLibs
     (
         "libsimpleFunctionObjects.so"
     );
     verbose true;
     patches
     (
         inlet_0
     );
     factor -23;
   }
Hi,
Whats the meaning of "factor -23;".
How to calculate this ?
I feel this factor only making some problem for my simulation .
sam.ho is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 19, 2014, 05:19
Default
  #11
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 5
dowlee is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam.ho View Post
Code:
functions
(
   inletMassFlow
   {
     type patchMassFlow;
     functionObjectLibs
     (
         "libsimpleFunctionObjects.so"
     );
     verbose true;
     patches
     (
         inlet_0
     );
     factor -23;
   }
Hi,
Whats the meaning of "factor -23;".
How to calculate this ?
I feel this factor only making some problem for my simulation .
Hi It means the number of blade. You need to specify the blade number for the inlet and the outlet.
dowlee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 19, 2014, 05:28
Post 'outputControlMode' not found in inletMassFlow
  #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bangalore India
Posts: 134
Rep Power: 3
sam.ho is on a distinguished road
Code:
Starting time loop

--> FOAM Warning : 
    From function simpleFunctionObject::simpleFunctionObject
    in file simpleFunctionObject/simpleFunctionObject.C at line 108
    'outputControlMode' not found in inletMassFlow
Assuming: timestep
--> FOAM Warning : 
    From function simpleFunctionObject::simpleFunctionObject
    in file simpleFunctionObject/simpleFunctionObject.C at line 116
    'outputInterval' not found in inletMassFlow
Assuming: 1
phi: phi
Compressible: 1
Turbulent: 1
LES: 0
--> FOAM Warning : 
    From function simpleFunctionObject::simpleFunctionObject
    in file simpleFunctionObject/simpleFunctionObject.C at line 108
    'outputControlMode' not found in outletMassFlow
Assuming: timestep
--> FOAM Warning : 
    From function simpleFunctionObject::simpleFunctionObject
    in file simpleFunctionObject/simpleFunctionObject.C at line 116
    'outputInterval' not found in outletMassFlow
Assuming: 1
phi: phi
Compressible: 1
Turbulent: 1
LES: 0
--> FOAM Warning : 
    From function simpleFunctionObject::simpleFunctionObject
    in file simpleFunctionObject/simpleFunctionObject.C at line 108
    'outputControlMode' not found in areaAverage
Assuming: timestep
--> FOAM Warning : 
    From function simpleFunctionObject::simpleFunctionObject
    in file simpleFunctionObject/simpleFunctionObject.C at line 116
    'outputInterval' not found in areaAverage
Assuming: 1

 Time = 1

diagonal:  Solving for rho, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUx, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUy, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUz, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoE, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
rho L2 Residual: 6.44313258180784
rho LInf Residual: 7.65994499810326

DILUPBiCG:  Solving for omega, Initial residual = 0.00244809190957999, Final residual = 2.65944354682262e-09, No Iterations 1
bounding omega, min: -24070579.7366927 max: 182073584542.249 average: 319780497.816931
DILUPBiCG:  Solving for k, Initial residual = 1, Final residual = 5.11096081209236e-11, No Iterations 3

    ExecutionTime = 20.82 s

 MassFlows:   INLET = 1.76248019141362
 MassFlows:   OUTLET = 0.0595373845935599
 Averages of p :  INLET = 200000  OUTLET = 100000.341228185
 Averages of rho :  INLET = 0.710387031990251  OUTLET = 0.695171381547665
 Averages of T :  INLET = 978.579590078318  OUTLET = 500.000892595263
 Averages of U :  INLET = (-1.50903942957102e-06 0 0)  OUTLET = (4.99964468397136 4.99890645781862 99.9962223316277)

 Time = 2

diagonal:  Solving for rho, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUx, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUy, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUz, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoE, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
rho L2 Residual: 6.09112121652158
rho LInf Residual: 7.21831669034706

DILUPBiCG:  Solving for omega, Initial residual = 0.000171867025540015, Final residual = 6.85362954444674e-10, No Iterations 1
bounding omega, min: -8373293.02948838 max: 182228019464.836 average: 321729239.314316
DILUPBiCG:  Solving for k, Initial residual = 0.0497553547344649, Final residual = 1.76120797453748e-10, No Iterations 2

    ExecutionTime = 28.15 s

 MassFlows:   INLET = 1.30938549343049e-09
 MassFlows:   OUTLET = 0.0595352322647667
 Averages of p :  INLET = 200000  OUTLET = 100000.68756607
 Averages of rho :  INLET = 0.700070745782449  OUTLET = 0.695172520026074
 Averages of T :  INLET = 992.999999999999  OUTLET = 500.001805227856
 Averages of U :  INLET = (-1.50903942957102e-06 0 0)  OUTLET = (4.99910923914695 4.99772011195967 99.9895354653937)

 Time = 3

diagonal:  Solving for rho, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUx, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUy, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUz, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoE, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
rho L2 Residual: 6.04557557426488
rho LInf Residual: 7.1978292209289

DILUPBiCG:  Solving for omega, Initial residual = 0.000170850205219554, Final residual = 5.30721748237609e-10, No Iterations 1
bounding omega, min: -766813.296739794 max: 182364930358.078 average: 323558740.303541
DILUPBiCG:  Solving for k, Initial residual = 0.021230682776069, Final residual = 7.83053164320755e-11, No Iterations 2

    ExecutionTime = 35.19 s

 MassFlows:   INLET = 1.29037051276754e-09
 MassFlows:   OUTLET = 0.059531348423872
 Averages of p :  INLET = 200000  OUTLET = 100001.033089627
 Averages of rho :  INLET = 0.700070745782449  OUTLET = 0.6951736690745
 Averages of T :  INLET = 992.999999999999  OUTLET = 500.002706121094
 Averages of U :  INLET = (-1.50903942957102e-06 0 0)  OUTLET = (4.99857272900048 4.99659077737812 99.9830652506599)
Still its not working. Initially I am getting some warning. Whats that ?
sam.ho is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 19, 2014, 05:31
Default
  #13
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 5
dowlee is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam.ho View Post
Hi,

Please find the attached BC and Initial values of the case which has run but wrong mass flow. Let me know your feed back upon this .

Regards,
Sam
Hi, I am sorry that I am very busy recently to reply to you late. There seem to be no problems for your case. for the outlet pressure boundary, you can use "inletOutlet"instead of "zeroGradient" to avoid reverse flows.
dowlee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 19, 2014, 05:35
Post
  #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bangalore India
Posts: 134
Rep Power: 3
sam.ho is on a distinguished road
Hi,

Really that's not a problem. You are replying and guiding me so i am very thankful to u.
Thank you very much.
Can you share your personnel mail ID if you don't mind ?
sam.ho is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 19, 2014, 05:38
Default
  #15
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 5
dowlee is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam.ho View Post
Code:
Starting time loop

--> FOAM Warning : 
    From function simpleFunctionObject::simpleFunctionObject
    in file simpleFunctionObject/simpleFunctionObject.C at line 108
    'outputControlMode' not found in inletMassFlow
Assuming: timestep
--> FOAM Warning : 
    From function simpleFunctionObject::simpleFunctionObject
    in file simpleFunctionObject/simpleFunctionObject.C at line 116
    'outputInterval' not found in inletMassFlow
Assuming: 1
phi: phi
Compressible: 1
Turbulent: 1
LES: 0
--> FOAM Warning : 
    From function simpleFunctionObject::simpleFunctionObject
    in file simpleFunctionObject/simpleFunctionObject.C at line 108
    'outputControlMode' not found in outletMassFlow
Assuming: timestep
--> FOAM Warning : 
    From function simpleFunctionObject::simpleFunctionObject
    in file simpleFunctionObject/simpleFunctionObject.C at line 116
    'outputInterval' not found in outletMassFlow
Assuming: 1
phi: phi
Compressible: 1
Turbulent: 1
LES: 0
--> FOAM Warning : 
    From function simpleFunctionObject::simpleFunctionObject
    in file simpleFunctionObject/simpleFunctionObject.C at line 108
    'outputControlMode' not found in areaAverage
Assuming: timestep
--> FOAM Warning : 
    From function simpleFunctionObject::simpleFunctionObject
    in file simpleFunctionObject/simpleFunctionObject.C at line 116
    'outputInterval' not found in areaAverage
Assuming: 1

 Time = 1

diagonal:  Solving for rho, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUx, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUy, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUz, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoE, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
rho L2 Residual: 6.44313258180784
rho LInf Residual: 7.65994499810326

DILUPBiCG:  Solving for omega, Initial residual = 0.00244809190957999, Final residual = 2.65944354682262e-09, No Iterations 1
bounding omega, min: -24070579.7366927 max: 182073584542.249 average: 319780497.816931
DILUPBiCG:  Solving for k, Initial residual = 1, Final residual = 5.11096081209236e-11, No Iterations 3

    ExecutionTime = 20.82 s

 MassFlows:   INLET = 1.76248019141362
 MassFlows:   OUTLET = 0.0595373845935599
 Averages of p :  INLET = 200000  OUTLET = 100000.341228185
 Averages of rho :  INLET = 0.710387031990251  OUTLET = 0.695171381547665
 Averages of T :  INLET = 978.579590078318  OUTLET = 500.000892595263
 Averages of U :  INLET = (-1.50903942957102e-06 0 0)  OUTLET = (4.99964468397136 4.99890645781862 99.9962223316277)

 Time = 2

diagonal:  Solving for rho, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUx, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUy, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUz, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoE, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
rho L2 Residual: 6.09112121652158
rho LInf Residual: 7.21831669034706

DILUPBiCG:  Solving for omega, Initial residual = 0.000171867025540015, Final residual = 6.85362954444674e-10, No Iterations 1
bounding omega, min: -8373293.02948838 max: 182228019464.836 average: 321729239.314316
DILUPBiCG:  Solving for k, Initial residual = 0.0497553547344649, Final residual = 1.76120797453748e-10, No Iterations 2

    ExecutionTime = 28.15 s

 MassFlows:   INLET = 1.30938549343049e-09
 MassFlows:   OUTLET = 0.0595352322647667
 Averages of p :  INLET = 200000  OUTLET = 100000.68756607
 Averages of rho :  INLET = 0.700070745782449  OUTLET = 0.695172520026074
 Averages of T :  INLET = 992.999999999999  OUTLET = 500.001805227856
 Averages of U :  INLET = (-1.50903942957102e-06 0 0)  OUTLET = (4.99910923914695 4.99772011195967 99.9895354653937)

 Time = 3

diagonal:  Solving for rho, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUx, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUy, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUz, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoE, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
rho L2 Residual: 6.04557557426488
rho LInf Residual: 7.1978292209289

DILUPBiCG:  Solving for omega, Initial residual = 0.000170850205219554, Final residual = 5.30721748237609e-10, No Iterations 1
bounding omega, min: -766813.296739794 max: 182364930358.078 average: 323558740.303541
DILUPBiCG:  Solving for k, Initial residual = 0.021230682776069, Final residual = 7.83053164320755e-11, No Iterations 2

    ExecutionTime = 35.19 s

 MassFlows:   INLET = 1.29037051276754e-09
 MassFlows:   OUTLET = 0.059531348423872
 Averages of p :  INLET = 200000  OUTLET = 100001.033089627
 Averages of rho :  INLET = 0.700070745782449  OUTLET = 0.6951736690745
 Averages of T :  INLET = 992.999999999999  OUTLET = 500.002706121094
 Averages of U :  INLET = (-1.50903942957102e-06 0 0)  OUTLET = (4.99857272900048 4.99659077737812 99.9830652506599)
Still its not working. Initially I am getting some warning. Whats that ?
Please neglect the warning. I have also met these warnings. the turbulent quantity "omega" has negative values, I suggest you turn off the turbulent and calculate laminar flow first.
sam.ho likes this.
dowlee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 19, 2014, 06:45
Default
  #16
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 5
dowlee is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam.ho View Post
Hi,

Really that's not a problem. You are replying and guiding me so i am very thankful to u.
Thank you very much.
Can you share your personnel mail ID if you don't mind ?
Hi my email address is buaaliweiwei@126.com
dowlee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 19, 2014, 06:49
Default
  #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bangalore India
Posts: 134
Rep Power: 3
sam.ho is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowlee View Post
Hi my email address is buaaliweiwei@126.com
Thank you
I will contact you through this mail ID.
sam.ho is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 19, 2014, 09:57
Post mass flow Out of range
  #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bangalore India
Posts: 134
Rep Power: 3
sam.ho is on a distinguished road
Hi ,
I tried with inletOutlet BC at OUTLET patch and laminar case but the output of mass flow remains the same .. which is as shown below.
Code:
sml5kor@BMH301562:~/OpenFOAM/sml5kor-1.6-ext/run/Turbine_CASE_17.05.2014$ transonicMRFDyMFoam 
/*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*\
| =========                 |                                                 |
| \\      /  F ield         | OpenFOAM Extend Project: Open source CFD        |
|  \\    /   O peration     | Version:  1.6-ext                               |
|   \\  /    A nd           | Web:      www.extend-project.de                 |
|    \\/     M anipulation  |                                                 |
\*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
Build  : 1.6-ext
Exec   : transonicMRFDyMFoam
Date   : May 19 2014
Time   : 19:24:29
Host   : BMH301562
PID    : 26940
Case   : /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/sml5kor-1.6-ext/run/Turbine_CASE_17.05.2014
nProcs : 1
SigFpe : Enabling floating point exception trapping (FOAM_SIGFPE).

// * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * //
Create time

Create dynamic mesh for time = 0

Selecting dynamicFvMesh staticFvMesh
Reading thermophysical properties

Selecting thermodynamics package hPsiThermo<pureMixture<sutherlandTransport<specieThermo<hConstThermo<perfectGas>>>>>
Allocating field rho

Reading field U

Reading/calculating face flux field phi

Creating MRF model

Creating turbulence model

Selecting turbulence model type laminar
Create Riemann solver

Allocating field rhoU

Allocating field rhoE

Allocating physDeltaT list for RK and Dual-Time Stepping


Starting time loop

--> FOAM Warning : 
    From function simpleFunctionObject::simpleFunctionObject
    in file simpleFunctionObject/simpleFunctionObject.C at line 108
    'outputControlMode' not found in inletMassFlow
Assuming: timestep
--> FOAM Warning : 
    From function simpleFunctionObject::simpleFunctionObject
    in file simpleFunctionObject/simpleFunctionObject.C at line 116
    'outputInterval' not found in inletMassFlow
Assuming: 1
--> FOAM Warning : 
    From function SolverInfo::SolverInfo(const dictionary& dict,const objectRegistry &obr)
    in file SolverInfo/SolverInfo.C at line 87
    Neither LES nor RAS found. Assuming no turbulence
phi: phi
Compressible: 1
Turbulent: 0
LES: 0
--> FOAM Warning : 
    From function simpleFunctionObject::simpleFunctionObject
    in file simpleFunctionObject/simpleFunctionObject.C at line 108
    'outputControlMode' not found in outletMassFlow
Assuming: timestep
--> FOAM Warning : 
    From function simpleFunctionObject::simpleFunctionObject
    in file simpleFunctionObject/simpleFunctionObject.C at line 116
    'outputInterval' not found in outletMassFlow
Assuming: 1
--> FOAM Warning : 
    From function SolverInfo::SolverInfo(const dictionary& dict,const objectRegistry &obr)
    in file SolverInfo/SolverInfo.C at line 87
    Neither LES nor RAS found. Assuming no turbulence
phi: phi
Compressible: 1
Turbulent: 0
LES: 0
--> FOAM Warning : 
    From function simpleFunctionObject::simpleFunctionObject
    in file simpleFunctionObject/simpleFunctionObject.C at line 108
    'outputControlMode' not found in areaAverage
Assuming: timestep
--> FOAM Warning : 
    From function simpleFunctionObject::simpleFunctionObject
    in file simpleFunctionObject/simpleFunctionObject.C at line 116
    'outputInterval' not found in areaAverage
Assuming: 1

 Time = 1

diagonal:  Solving for rho, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUx, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUy, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUz, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoE, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
rho L2 Residual: 6.40372710604553
rho LInf Residual: 7.49081222690984


    ExecutionTime = 14.52 s

 MassFlows:   INLET = 1.76248019141362
 MassFlows:   OUTLET = 0
 Averages of p :  INLET = 200000  OUTLET = 100000
 Averages of rho :  INLET = 0.710387031990251  OUTLET = 0.695170250561966
 Averages of T :  INLET = 978.579590078318  OUTLET = 500.000000000001
 Averages of U :  INLET = (-1.50903942957102e-06 0 0)  OUTLET = (9.31784332147014e-18 7.85744018292775e-18 1.7403312614265e-17)

 Time = 2

diagonal:  Solving for rho, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUx, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUy, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUz, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoE, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
rho L2 Residual: 5.83719515087281
rho LInf Residual: 7.11130368620766


    ExecutionTime = 18.25 s

 MassFlows:   INLET = 1.30938549343049e-09
 MassFlows:   OUTLET = -2.58934377791194e-20
 Averages of p :  INLET = 200000  OUTLET = 100000
 Averages of rho :  INLET = 0.700070745782449  OUTLET = 0.695170250561966
 Averages of T :  INLET = 992.999999999999  OUTLET = 500.000000000001
 Averages of U :  INLET = (-1.50903942957102e-06 0 0)  OUTLET = (1.17465609866511e-17 3.25777301233301e-18 3.34564026928883e-16)

 Time = 3

diagonal:  Solving for rho, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUx, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUy, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUz, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoE, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
rho L2 Residual: 5.71596933487263
rho LInf Residual: 7.0872781206772


    ExecutionTime = 22.05 s

 MassFlows:   INLET = 1.29037051276754e-09
 MassFlows:   OUTLET = 2.40670548093986e-19
 Averages of p :  INLET = 200000  OUTLET = 100000
 Averages of rho :  INLET = 0.700070745782449  OUTLET = 0.695170250561966
 Averages of T :  INLET = 992.999999999999  OUTLET = 500.000000000001
 Averages of U :  INLET = (-1.50903942957102e-06 0 0)  OUTLET = (7.42904399900281e-18 8.66558587599736e-18 1.96335447031351e-15)
Any other solution to this ?
sam.ho is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 21, 2014, 07:36
Post mass flow problem
  #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bangalore India
Posts: 134
Rep Power: 3
sam.ho is on a distinguished road
Hi,

Now the case is running but gives some error after some 100's of iterations.
The error is as follows
Code:
 
 Time = 2000

diagonal:  Solving for rho, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUx, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUy, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUz, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoE, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
bounding rho, min: -1057.88 max: 3688.91 average: 0.756053
bounding rhoE, min: -1.08367e+09 max: 1.20384e+10 average: 385827
bounding U max: 9.60207e+07
bounding h, min: -3.98146e+07 max: 7.099e+07 average: 620124

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ
rho L2 Residual: 6.93647
rho LInf Residual: 9.05835

DILUPBiCG:  Solving for omega, Initial residual = 3.88886e-06, Final residual = 7.15152e-09, No Iterations 1
bounding omega, min: -3.69309e+09 max: 1.75975e+11 average: 3.65849e+08
DILUPBiCG:  Solving for k, Initial residual = 0.00153104, Final residual = 2.9086e-10, No Iterations 3
bounding k, min: -61245.7 max: 3.02127e+07 average: 22009.7

    ExecutionTime = 7454.68 s

 MassFlows:   INLET = 0.123706
 MassFlows:   OUTLET = -0.0734246
 Averages of p :  INLET = 175946  OUTLET = 105000
 Averages of rho :  INLET = 0.636106  OUTLET = 0.847162
 Averages of T :  INLET = 961.373  OUTLET = 495.48
 Averages of U :  INLET = (-159.772 0 0)  OUTLET = (27.5507 9.71856 -17.1995)

 end
Mass flow should be 0.08 kg/s
Inlet pressure 2 bar
Inlet temperature 973 K

What would be the problem ?

Please help me .

Regards,
Sam
sam.ho is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 22, 2014, 03:40
Default
  #20
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 5
dowlee is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam.ho View Post
Hi,

Now the case is running but gives some error after some 100's of iterations.
The error is as follows
Code:
 
 Time = 2000

diagonal:  Solving for rho, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUx, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUy, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoUz, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
diagonal:  Solving for rhoE, Initial residual = 0, Final residual = 0, No Iterations 0
bounding rho, min: -1057.88 max: 3688.91 average: 0.756053
bounding rhoE, min: -1.08367e+09 max: 1.20384e+10 average: 385827
bounding U max: 9.60207e+07
bounding h, min: -3.98146e+07 max: 7.099e+07 average: 620124

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ

    From function specieThermo<thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
    in file /home/sml5kor/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 73
    Maximum number of iterations exceeded.  Rescue by HJ
rho L2 Residual: 6.93647
rho LInf Residual: 9.05835

DILUPBiCG:  Solving for omega, Initial residual = 3.88886e-06, Final residual = 7.15152e-09, No Iterations 1
bounding omega, min: -3.69309e+09 max: 1.75975e+11 average: 3.65849e+08
DILUPBiCG:  Solving for k, Initial residual = 0.00153104, Final residual = 2.9086e-10, No Iterations 3
bounding k, min: -61245.7 max: 3.02127e+07 average: 22009.7

    ExecutionTime = 7454.68 s

 MassFlows:   INLET = 0.123706
 MassFlows:   OUTLET = -0.0734246
 Averages of p :  INLET = 175946  OUTLET = 105000
 Averages of rho :  INLET = 0.636106  OUTLET = 0.847162
 Averages of T :  INLET = 961.373  OUTLET = 495.48
 Averages of U :  INLET = (-159.772 0 0)  OUTLET = (27.5507 9.71856 -17.1995)

 end
Mass flow should be 0.08 kg/s
Inlet pressure 2 bar
Inlet temperature 973 K

What would be the problem ?

Please help me .

Regards,
Sam
I suggest you first run this case with low ratating speed and at the same time by reducing the pressure difference between the inlet and outlet. If this works, then you can run the case with the right boundary condition using the former case as the initialization
dowlee is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
under-relaxation factors -> level of residuals Zigainer FLUENT 14 August 15, 2014 11:27
grid dependancy gueynard a. Main CFD Forum 19 June 27, 2014 21:22
diverging solution in bubble rise shash FLUENT 0 August 11, 2012 16:39
IcoFoam parallel woes msrinath80 OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD 9 July 22, 2007 02:58
Wall functions Abhijit Tilak Main CFD Forum 6 February 5, 1999 01:16


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 13:28.