|July 14, 2014, 20:30||
buoyantPimpleFoam with thermalBaffle1D: strange temperature decrease
Join Date: Jul 2013
Blog Entries: 1Rep Power: 4
I took the pimpleDyMFoam/propeller tutorial and added a 1D thermal baffle with Qs uniform 1000;
I launched the analysis with buoyantSimpleFoam: it converges after 1189 iterations and the maximum temperature as expected increases from 273K to 339.4K.
Then I took the 1189 time as starting point for buoyantPimpleFoam with the propeller stopped to see how much the temperature increases when there is only natural convection. But the temperature in less then 0.2s decrease from 339.4K to 328.4K. I wonder if this is linked to a bug?
I upload the files here:
What I did is:
- took the pimpleDyMFoam/propeller
- added in front of the propeller a 1D thermal baffle like in the circuitBoardCooling tutorial
- switched from AMI to MRF approach to be able to launch it with buoyantSimpleFoam
- took the last time directory of the converged analysis and use it as starting point for the buoyantPimpleFoam analysis
- commented in fvOptions the MRF subdictionary (propeller not rotating)
- launched buoyantPimpleFoam for 0.2sec, temperature will decrease from 339.4K to 328.4K.
do you have any suggestions to solve this strange temperature behaviour?
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Water subcooled boiling||Attesz||CFX||7||January 5, 2013 04:32|
|Free stream temperature||saharesobh||FLUENT||1||October 11, 2012 20:52|
|sharp temperature decrease near the wall||dace||CFX||0||January 28, 2009 09:23|
|High temperature methane+air||Peter||FLUENT||5||January 26, 2009 19:04|
|chemical reaction - decompostition||La S. Hyuck||CFX||1||May 23, 2001 00:07|