|August 3, 2015, 10:55||
A doubtful point of updating the fluid computational domain while the topology change
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 30Rep Power: 4
A class named movingDamGateTopoFvMesh employed by interDyMFoam solver has been developed by my research group aiming to simulate the consecutive opening process of plane/radial gate based on the addPatchCellLayer class of OpenFOAM 2.4.0. The location of source code is /src/dynamicMesh/polyTopoChange/polyTopoChange/addPatchCellLayer.C.
The approximate working procedure is:
1. Specify the time table of adding cell layers and thickness of each cell layer;
2. Declare the moving patch name in file /casename/constant/dynamicMeshDict which will be extruded along face normal;
3. Initiate the fluid computational domain with blockMesh and setFields, then start to calculate with interDyMFoam solver;
4. The original mesh should be extruded layer by layer at the scheduled time points, and internal flux should be updated in real time.
Both techniques about updating internal surface interpolation of OpenFOAM 2.4.0 and foam-extend 3.1 have been adopted. However, aerated flow could not pass through those newly generated internal surfaces between extruded cells and original ones. Our researchers speculated boundary condition of the moving patch might be primary problem. Then, several of boundary conditions have been applied on the moving patch, including:
1. Non-slip wall with zeroGradient, fixedValue (0 0 0), fixedValue (0 0.1 0), movingWallVelocity (0 0 0), movingWallVelocity (0 0.1 0);
2. Slip wall;
3. Different patches.
Unfortunately, the phenomenon mentioned above stands still.
The attachments will present you a brief understanding of my statement. But they are larger than the max filesize of forum. Please leave your E-mail address, and I will send them in return.
Thanks in advance.
E-mail me: email@example.com
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Radiation interface||hinca||CFX||15||January 26, 2014 18:11|
|Error finding variable "THERMX"||sunilpatil||CFX||8||April 26, 2013 07:00|
|air bubble is disappear increasing time using vof||xujjun||CFX||9||June 9, 2009 07:59|
|Concentric tube heat exchanger (Air-Water)||Young||CFX||5||October 6, 2008 23:17|
|Gmsh and samplesurface||touf||Open Source Meshers: Gmsh, Netgen, CGNS, ...||2||December 10, 2007 03:27|