Hi, I have 3 computers run
I have 3 computers running Fedora Core 3. I installed LAM on all 3 and all three computers have OpenFOAM installed with the same user name/password.
1. how do I make sure LAM is working properly?
2. For the same case, do I have to copy the same case on all 3 computers and then do decomposition? Or do I just have the case on one computer and then decompose? Is there any more details on setting runs in parallel?
3. this 3 computers have different cpu speeds (P4 2 GHz, AMD XP 2100+, and AMD 1 GHz), how should this be weighted? higher value means faster CPU?
2. Look in the UserGuide.pdf
2. Look in the UserGuide.pdf under /OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.0/doc/Guides-a4/ I find this guide pretty handy when trying on new things.
3. I use a metis decomposition for my cases, which usually turns out very well. It is there possible to select weights for every processor listed in system/machines . As for how to weight, I would suggest you run the same case on all three, measure the time for an iteration and then calculate weights using that time.
Hope it helps
1. You should not install LAM
1. You should not install LAM as it is already part of the OpenFOAM distribution.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 23:45.|