|July 26, 2009, 02:30||
MutiSpecies Reacting Flow
Sanjib Das Sharma
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 22Rep Power: 8
I have been trying to create a model for multi-species turbulent reacting flow (not Combustion). After going through the threads, I am finding it difficult to understand some of the key issues which I am listing below:
1) What *.H files are required ?
I have included the following:
ii) UEqn.H, pEqn.H, hEqn.H,YEqn.H
iv) chemistry.H, reactingMixture.H,readChemistryProperties.H
2) I have modified the reactingFoam.C file to remove/add the required files to convert into a Multi-Component-Reacting file --- will this change work ?
3) Since I am using a incompressible turbulence model, what changes are required to convert the simpleFoam into a multispecies reacting flow model ? What header files are to be included ?
4) In the transportProperties and thermophysicalProperties input files, how do I include rho and Cp as a function of the species mass-fraction?
Pls let me know as soon as possible. It would be great if there are some examples or tutorials.
Thanks in advance.
|August 2, 2009, 08:14||
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 60Rep Power: 8
can you tell us more about your case?
- You have a certain number of species, a mixture of reacting gas/liquid?
- How do you define the reactions?
I was wondering why "reactingFoam" isn't suitable for you. Is it because of the chemistry library in OpenFOAM?
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|benchmark: flow over a circular cylinder||goodegg||Main CFD Forum||12||January 22, 2013 12:47|
|Can 'shock waves' occur in viscous fluid flows?||diaw||Main CFD Forum||105||November 20, 2009 05:19|
|flow over a cylinder urgent!||kevin||FLUENT||7||June 8, 2006 01:19|
|reacting flow||p kumar||Main CFD Forum||0||December 31, 2002 04:16|
|turbulent reacting flow||abdou chaabane||Main CFD Forum||2||July 21, 1999 14:39|