|August 11, 2009, 01:53||
How to calculate heat transfer and solidification?
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 32Rep Power: 8
I'm new with OpenFOAM. I have a case to solve which is as follows:
- There are three solid particles (dimensions about 1mm x 1mm x 3 mm). Between the particles there are little gaps (1mm) containing gas phase. At time t=0 there is a layer of hot liquid phase on top of particles.
- Hot liquid starts to flow between the gaps and around the particles due to gravity.
Schematic picture of the system is shown bellow.
- The problem should be calculated as three dimensional.
The main goals are:
1. Heat transfer to the solid particles caused by the hot liquid should be calculated to obtain a temperature profile.
2. Solidification of the liquid phase should be modelled.
Could this be modelled by adding heat transfer to some existing multiphase model? Is VOF-model useful for this kind of problem?
Is there anyone who could tell me how to get started? I'd appreciate it very much if someone could help.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Heat and mass transfer in VOF model||asghari||Main CFD Forum||1||May 7, 2006 13:33|
|about the species transfer during solidification||Bing Ma||FLUENT||0||March 1, 2005 10:42|
|Latent Heat of Fusion||J.W.Ryu||FLUENT||0||May 24, 2002 03:27|
|help needed about phase change||Yanhu Guo||Main CFD Forum||4||January 24, 2001 00:16|
|CHT Symposium||Graham de Vahl Davis||Main CFD Forum||0||January 18, 2000 01:34|