CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-solving/)
-   -   Problems about buoyantBoussinesqSimpleFoam solver (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-solving/67297-problems-about-buoyantboussinesqsimplefoam-solver.html)

chiven August 11, 2009 08:41

Problems about buoyantBoussinesqSimpleFoam solver

Hi, dear foamers, I am trying to use the solver of buoyantBoussinesqSimpleFoam to calculate a simple case, however I am not sure about the boundary condition setting of p.
I consult the hotRoom case, and set it as follows.

wall:
type buoyantPressure;
rho rhok;
value uniform 0;
inlet: zeroGradient;
outlet: fixedValue;

However, the calculation results are wrong. Any comments?
Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Chiven

chiven August 12, 2009 22:08

It seems OK, have a nice day, everyone.

with best regards,
Chiven

panda60 December 20, 2009 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiven (Post 226161)
It seems OK, have a nice day, everyone.

with best regards,
Chiven

Hi, Chiven,
Are you doing heat transfer ? It seems that buoyantBoussinesqPisoFoam can't select LES turbulence model, it noly can use RAS model.Could you give me some suggestion what is the easise way to use LES buoyant model?

chiven December 21, 2009 00:24

Hi, Jiang, this time I am struggling for the multiphase flow.
What a pity I am not good at LES model. Maybe you need revise the code referencing to the solvers with LES model, like buoyantPisoFoam, etc.
best regards,
Chiven

panda60 December 21, 2009 21:05

Thanks ,Chiven.
I think I should modify buoyantPisoFoam.

panda60 February 9, 2010 01:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiven (Post 240590)
Hi, Jiang, this time I am struggling for the multiphase flow.
What a pity I am not good at LES model. Maybe you need revise the code referencing to the solvers with LES model, like buoyantPisoFoam, etc.
best regards,
Chiven

Dear chiven,
because my buoyantBoussinesqSimpleFoam result is completely wrong, could you tell me the best boundary conditon for p?

chiven February 9, 2010 02:01

try to use fixed value for outlet and buoyantPressure for wall.

best regards,
chiven

panda60 February 10, 2010 10:08

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by chiven (Post 245430)
try to use fixed value for outlet and buoyantPressure for wall.

best regards,
chiven

Dear chiven ,

I have used fixed value for outlet and buoyantPressure for wall, but my result is unphysical. I have struggling for buoyantBoussinesqSimpleFoam for a long time, and try a lot of boundary condition, but all the result is not right. I use version-1.6. I think this solver have some problem, If I should modify this solver ?
The following is fluent and OpenFOAM result of U_X contour , the fluent result is right , but OpenFOAM can't get this contour.

in OpenFOAM, the flow structure near outlet region always have problem.
Thank you very much.

be_inspired April 9, 2014 11:04

Dear All,

I am fighting the same bull currently. It is the same case that panda60 asked for in other topic.

What I am trying to simulate it is flap terrain with a obstacle in the middle of the domain. I impose a stable ABL with a T and U BC at inlet based on monin-obukov theory. For p and p_rgh I have imposed bouyantPressure in all patches and the ground wall.

Could all of us summarize a set or procedure to simulate this kind of simulations?

Best Regards

leonardo.oliveira October 27, 2014 15:39

Quote:

Dear All,

I am fighting the same bull currently. It is the same case that panda60 asked for in other topic.

What I am trying to simulate it is flap terrain with a obstacle in the middle of the domain. I impose a stable ABL with a T and U BC at inlet based on monin-obukov theory. For p and p_rgh I have imposed bouyantPressure in all patches and the ground wall.

Could all of us summarize a set or procedure to simulate this kind of simulations?

Best Regards

Hello M.Monteiro,

Did you get some advancement in your simulation?
I'm trying to test the same case of yours, a flat terrain with an obstacle in the middle and a stable atmosphere.
One huge doubt that I have is: How to set up a vertical gradient from the terrain to the top? Do I have to set it up on the BCs or on the internalField?

Best regards