CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-solving/)
-   -   How to install funkySetdFields for OpenFoam 1.7 (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-solving/91122-how-install-funkysetdfields-openfoam-1-7-a.html)

Gitesh P August 1, 2011 08:52

How to install funkySetdFields for OpenFoam 1.7
 
Hello everyone,

I am new at OpenFoam. I am using OpenFoam 1.7 and I want to install FunkySetFields.

Can anyone explain me about how to install FunkySetFields step by step ?

Thank you in advance !!

With regards,
Gitesh

gschaider August 1, 2011 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gitesh P (Post 318300)
Hello everyone,

I am new at OpenFoam. I am using OpenFoam 1.7 and I want to install FunkySetFields.

Can anyone explain me about how to install FunkySetFields step by step ?

Thank you in advance !!

With regards,
Gitesh

Download. Unpack. "wmake" (see the chapter on compiling utilities in the UserGuide).

If you're using FSF in swak4Foam then the installation is described in the README

Gitesh P August 2, 2011 04:57

Hello Bernhard ,

Thank you for your reply.

But still I can't get your idea exactly.

With regards,
Gitesh

gschaider August 2, 2011 05:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gitesh P (Post 318427)
Hello Bernhard ,

Thank you for your reply.

But still I can't get your idea exactly.

With regards,
Gitesh

Compiling is described in chapter 3.2 on the message board. What else is unclear? Please think about point 1 in http://openfoamwiki.net/index.php/Ho..._Message_Board

Gitesh P August 2, 2011 07:20

Sorry for this.

Because Linux and OpenFoam both are new for me. I have started to learn those from last couple of months.

Regarding funkySetFields, I have tried to understand it as you have explained but I can't. So, I want to asking again it.

BR,
Gitesh

gschaider August 2, 2011 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gitesh P (Post 318464)
Sorry for this.

Because Linux and OpenFoam both are new for me. I have started to learn those from last couple of months.

Regarding funkySetFields, I have tried to understand it as you have explained but I can't. So, I want to asking again it.

Could you please confirm that you read at least the beforementioned chapter 3.2 of the UserGuide and the Wiki-page on funkySetFields. Then state what is unclear to you.

Gitesh P August 3, 2011 07:23

Hello,

Now it's working !!!

Thank you for your support :)

Best regards,
Gitesh

gschaider August 3, 2011 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gitesh P (Post 318648)
Hello,

Now it's working !!!

Thank you for your support :)

Best regards,
Gitesh

Great.

I understand that the stuff that is clear to me is not necessarily clear for first-timers. So if you complete the Wiki-page with the information that would have helped you if it had been there, then this could be your first contribution to the community

Bernhard


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:19.