CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-solving/)
-   -   Immersed boundary method implementation (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-solving/93904-immersed-boundary-method-implementation.html)

liu October 30, 2011 13:29

Immersed boundary method implementation
 
1 Attachment(s)
Folks,

I don't want to steal thunder from Dr. Tuković. But I want to report my implementation of Immersed Boundary Method (IBM) in OpenFOAM.

Here is an example of flow over 3D sphere at Re=350. I also did 2D cylinder but the plot is not as exciting.

The animation can be downloaded at my group's website.

Enjoy!

ata October 31, 2011 02:12

Hi Liu
Nice work
Did you release your code?

liu October 31, 2011 11:13

The code is not for prime time yet. Right now I only share it with my collaborators.

But eventually it will be out. So stay tuned.

abhro April 26, 2012 16:40

Do you have any quantitative results yet?

elvis May 24, 2012 06:54

Hi,

there will be a tutorial on Immersed Boundary Method by Dr. Tuković
http://www.extend-project.de/OFWS/tr...thod-in-OF.pdf on the seventh OF workshop in Darmstadt.
Does that mean that Immersed Boundary Method will be part of OpenFOAM-extend distribution?

gschaider May 25, 2012 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by elvis (Post 362863)
Hi,

there will be a tutorial on Immersed Boundary Method by Dr. Tuković
http://www.extend-project.de/OFWS/tr...thod-in-OF.pdf on the seventh OF workshop in Darmstadt.
Does that mean that Immersed Boundary Method will be part of OpenFOAM-extend distribution?

Don't know. But this tweet might be a clue:
https://twitter.com/hrvoje_jasak/sta...38391612755968

liu May 27, 2012 09:25

Sounds good and look forward to that.

AsafPa October 2, 2012 06:49

The implementation of the immersed boundary method can be downloaded from the OpenFoam Workshop 7 material, uploaded by Holger Marschall.

Thank you Mr. Tukovic and Mr. Jasak for such a great contribution. Are there plans to add the functionality of using dynamic/moving objects? I've seen that in a presentation with a cylinder moving sinusoidally in vertical direction and two counter-rotating propeller. What changes must be done to the current implementation to achieve that?

sloti April 9, 2013 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsafPa (Post 384495)
Are there plans to add the functionality of using dynamic/moving objects? I've seen that in a presentation with a cylinder moving sinusoidally in vertical direction and two counter-rotating propeller. What changes must be done to the current implementation to achieve that?


Hi everyone, I would be interested in the question I quoted as well.
Does somebody have information about IBM in OF with moving geometries??
Any hints would be very appreciated =)

watcher007 April 21, 2013 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by gschaider (Post 363171)
Don't know. But this tweet might be a clue:
https://twitter.com/hrvoje_jasak/sta...38391612755968

Hi
I'm also studying the IB method currently.
I cant open the link
Could you send me the IB code?
My Email is watcher007gky@gmail.com

miladrakhsha September 4, 2014 14:49

Hi folks,
Has there been any update?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:26.