CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD

fvSchemes in bubbleFoam

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   February 23, 2012, 18:37
Default fvSchemes in bubbleFoam
  #1
Member
 
Jeong Kim
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 41
Rep Power: 7
enoch is on a distinguished road
I was trying to modify bubbleFoam before going to more complex problems.
When I looked at "fvSchmes" located in the systmes foler of bubbleFoam,
I was not sure about it. Here are two questions.

Q1. I think I have to consider below shemes for Rca and Rcb, respectively, but why are they not included in the schemes?

...
div(phiRa, Ua) Gauss limitedLinearV 1; //why is it not included?
div(phiRb, Ub) Gauss limitedLinearV 1; //why is it not included?
...
div(phir, alpha) Gauss limitedLinear01 1; //Need for alpha continuity equation?
...

Q2. I think I could use div(Rca) and div(Rcb), but it could not work. The solver looked for div(-nuEffa*grad(Ua).T()) and div(-nuEffb*grad(Ub).T()).

In UEqns.H,

volTensorField Rca = -nuEffa*(fvc::grad(Ua)().T());
Rca = Rca + ...;


I would really appreciate that if you could give some commenst to me.
enoch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 24, 2012, 03:51
Default
  #2
Senior Member
 
Alberto Passalacqua
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States
Posts: 1,894
Rep Power: 26
alberto will become famous soon enoughalberto will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by enoch View Post
I was trying to modify bubbleFoam before going to more complex problems.
When I looked at "fvSchmes" located in the systmes foler of bubbleFoam,
I was not sure about it. Here are two questions.

Q1. I think I have to consider below shemes for Rca and Rcb, respectively, but why are they not included in the schemes?

...
div(phiRa, Ua) Gauss limitedLinearV 1; //why is it not included?
div(phiRb, Ub) Gauss limitedLinearV 1; //why is it not included?
The piece of code in the equation says:

Code:
fvm::div(phiRa, Ua, "div(phia,Ua)")
so the scheme specified for div(phia,Ua) is used for this term too.

Quote:
...
div(phir, alpha) Gauss limitedLinear01 1; //Need for alpha continuity equation?
...
The code for the alphaEqn contains

Code:
fvm::div(-fvc::flux(-phir, beta, scheme), alpha, scheme)
where

Code:
word scheme("div(phi,alpha)");
So, it is sufficient to specify a scheme for div(phi,alpha). This is done for consistency of the discretisation.

Quote:
Q2. I think I could use div(Rca) and div(Rcb), but it could not work. The solver looked for div(-nuEffa*grad(Ua).T()) and div(-nuEffb*grad(Ub).T()).

In UEqns.H,

volTensorField Rca = -nuEffa*(fvc::grad(Ua)().T());
Rca = Rca + ...;

I would really appreciate that if you could give some commenst to me.
If you look at the tutorial case, these schemes are specified:

Code:
    div((-nuEffa*T(grad(Ua)))) Gauss linear;
    div((-nuEffb*T(grad(Ub)))) Gauss linear;
However, in general, if you define a field, its string name is used to look up in the dictionaries, and not its variable name. For example, if you define

Code:
volScalarField a = -b*c;
the code won't look for "a", but for an expression derived from the calculation. If you want to fix this problem, simply assign a name to your field:

Code:
volScalarField a
(
      "a",
      -b*c
);
and the code will look for "a" in the dictionaries, instead than for the, usually complicated, expression.

Best,
__________________
Alberto Passalacqua

GeekoCFD - A free distribution based on openSUSE 64 bit with CFD tools, including OpenFOAM. Available as live DVD/USB, hard drive image and virtual image.
OpenQBMM - An open-source implementation of quadrature-based moment methods
alberto is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fvschemes and fvsolutions in MRFSimpleFoam renyun0511 OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD 23 August 3, 2011 04:07
a question about bubbleFoam xck1986 OpenFOAM 1 June 21, 2011 09:30
interFoam / bubbleFoam to simulate an aerated tank Meratb OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD 2 June 9, 2011 07:35
Inputs for bubbleFoam rans2009 OpenFOAM 0 October 8, 2009 07:59
bubbleFoam rans2009 OpenFOAM 3 October 5, 2009 04:28


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 13:55.