inhomogeneous XiFoam, problems with "ft" phase inlet
I am simulating the dispersion of a "pollutant" phase in air by using the inhomogeneous mixture of the XiFoam solver (some forums suggest similar approaches). Of course I turned off the reaction.
The case is very simple. I have:
- A flow-field with inlet (velocity) and outlet (pressure)
- An external wall that I declared as a symmetry plane
- A wall body in the field
- Finally a small injection area on the body, where I impose a velocity inlet (zeroGradient pressure) and an "ft" concentration of 1.
Here is the bizarre
- For the case here above described, the velocity and pressure field solution behave approximately as expected. A vector field coming out of the injection area reflects the velocity magnitude I imposed. Nevertheless, no "ft" phase is observed in all the field BUT at the very entry of the injection boundary condition (jump from 1 to zero in the framework of one cell)
- I once tried and put "ft=1" at the inlet and I let run. Just to see whether I got right the use of the routine. In this second case, not only ft came out of the inlet BC. Even the injection BC started to spit out the second phase.
I first thought I was using an old version of OpenFOAM (1.6.0) and then I installe a brand new one (2.1.0) but still... the same behavior
has anyone encounter similar behaviors? is it just a bug of the software?
Thank you in advance