|June 23, 2012, 10:12||
find the adjacent face on the boundary
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 64Rep Power: 6
I want to find the cells surround one cell "on the boundary", (the cell is face). If I know one face ID, how can I find the faces ID around this face? For example, if the face is quadrangle, I want to find the other 8 faces around it.
Could someone know how to deal with it? Thank you!
|June 25, 2012, 03:36||
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 774Rep Power: 17
- from boundary face, get the owner cell
- for this owner cell, get all the associated faces
- get the neighbouring cells from the faces
- loop through to find the which of the neighbour cell faces to find a boundary face.
If you need the "corner" faces, my first approach would be brute force.
- from the boundary face you know the vertices, place them in a labelHashSet.
- loop through the boundary faces and tag each face that shares a vertex with the original face. A labelHashSet of the face Ids might be useful here.
This should work. Instead of looping across all boundary faces, you may want to restrict your search to a particular patch though - for efficency and to avoid finding a neighbour with a different BC treatment.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|CFX-Pre problem, pls help!!!||cth_yao||CFX||0||February 17, 2012 00:52|
|mesh airfoil NACA0012||anand_30||OpenFOAM Meshing & Mesh Conversion||12||December 12, 2011 04:16|
|designmodeler and mesh and fluent, lose face boundary||uriah||ANSYS Meshing & Geometry||6||October 16, 2010 04:31|
|gmsh2ToFoam||sarajags_89||OpenFOAM||0||November 24, 2009 22:50|
|How to get specie mass fraction at a boundary face||shuqin||FLUENT||0||February 24, 2006 01:52|