|July 26, 2012, 06:29||
Cyclic BC versus directMappedPatch
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 152Rep Power: 5
Hi dear Foamers,
juste a comprehensive question, please:
What is the difference between Cyclic BC and directMappedPatch?
If I try to answer my self:
Cyclic BC linkes respectively the cell of a BC-patch to another one. That means:
* All the field values are the same
* The two patches have exactly the same mesh
directMappedPatch can do the same as Cyclic BC, but is much more versatile:
* you do not link to patches, but copy some values from one patch to another (communication is only one way)
* you can choose what fields are copied (U and not p, all but not k,...)
* the patches do not have to be at the border of your domain. It can be "inside"
* the meshes do not have to be equal: OF "mappes" the first on the second, interpolating the value on the mesh (with the problems with offset, sampleMode and so on)
Am I right? Thanks a lot for correcting me.
PS: inserting tags, I saw directMappedBC. What are they? A mix between both?
|cyclic boundaries, directmapped bc, directmappedpatch|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Cyclic bc. and overlapGgi||Pekka||OpenFOAM||12||February 15, 2012 08:10|
|Problem with cyclic patches||sven||OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD||0||December 5, 2011 15:27|
|Handling cyclic BC from gambit to openfoam for a cascade airfoil problem - OF 1.6||maverick||OpenFOAM Other Meshers: ICEM, Star, Ansys, Pointwise, GridPro, Ansa, ...||2||June 18, 2011 04:36|
|Pressure instability with rhoSimpleFoam||daniel_mills||OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD||44||February 17, 2011 18:08|
|snappyHexMesh with cyclic patches?||Axel_T||OpenFOAM Native Meshers: snappyHexMesh and Others||1||October 12, 2010 10:03|