CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   OpenFOAM (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam/)
-   -   chtMultiRegionFoam solver application for high velocity& High Pressure (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam/120550-chtmultiregionfoam-solver-application-high-velocity-high-pressure.html)

xiaoyoyo July 9, 2013 10:11

chtMultiRegionFoam solver application for high velocity& High Pressure

Hi Everyone,

Have anyone tried the chtMultiRegionFoam solver application for high velocity& High Pressure?
I was using the cht heater tutorial.
when I increased the bottom air velocity (~100m/s) and pressure (~10 atm), I got the error massage after several iterations.

Quote:

--> FOAM FATAL ERROR:
Maximum number of iterations exceeded

From function thermo<Thermo, Type>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (thermo<Thermo, Type>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (thermo<Thermo, Type>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const, scalar (thermo<Thermo, Type>::*limit)(const scalar) const) const
in file /home/opencfd/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/thermoI.H at line 76.

FOAM aborting

#0 Foam::error::printStack(Foam::Ostream&) at ??:?
#1 Foam::error::abort() at ??:?
#2 Foam::species::thermo<Foam::hConstThermo<Foam::per fectGas<Foam::specie> >, Foam::sensibleEnthalpy>::T(double, double, double, double (Foam::species::thermo<Foam::hConstThermo<Foam::pe rfectGas<Foam::specie> >, Foam::sensibleEnthalpy>::*)(double, double) const, double (Foam::species::thermo<Foam::hConstThermo<Foam::pe rfectGas<Foam::specie> >, Foam::sensibleEnthalpy>::*)(double, double) const, double (Foam::species::thermo<Foam::hConstThermo<Foam::pe rfectGas<Foam::specie> >, Foam::sensibleEnthalpy>::*)(double) const) const at ??:?
#3 Foam::heRhoThermo<Foam::rhoThermo, Foam::pureMixture<Foam::constTransport<Foam::speci es::thermo<Foam::hConstThermo<Foam::perfectGas<Foa m::specie> >, Foam::sensibleEnthalpy> > > >::calculate() at ??:?
#4 Foam::heRhoThermo<Foam::rhoThermo, Foam::pureMixture<Foam::constTransport<Foam::speci es::thermo<Foam::hConstThermo<Foam::perfectGas<Foa m::specie> >, Foam::sensibleEnthalpy> > > >::correct() at ??:?
at ??:?
#6 __libc_start_main in "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6"
at ??:?
Aborted (core dumped)
I will appreciate it if you can give me any suggestion or show me the example of your solver and case.

Anyone can help?
thanks a lot!

laplacian July 12, 2013 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaoyoyo (Post 438698)
Hi Everyone,
Have anyone tried the chtMultiRegionFoam solver application for high velocity& High Pressure?
I was using the cht heater tutorial.
when I increased the bottom air velocity (~100m/s) and pressure (~10 atm), I got the error massage after several iterations.

I will appreciate it if you can give me any suggestion or show me the example of your solver and case.

Anyone can help?
thanks a lot!

Hi YuanLiu,
your topic is really interesting also for me.
I think one of the problems could be connected with the Mach 0.3 and the formulation of energy equation:
openfoam-solving/116578-big-problem-predicting-adiabatic-wall-temperature-wing-mach-0-33-rhosimplecfoam.html
Which version of OF are you using? (the last release has quite big differences in energy balance)
You could try several options:
1) replace hRhoThermo with hPsiThermo
2) modify the SIMPLE algorithm to SIMPLEC
3) check which h-Eqn is implemented: you could include the term of viscous dissipation

BTW which is your Re number:laminar or turbulent?

xiaoyoyo July 25, 2013 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by laplacian (Post 439398)
Hi YuanLiu,
your topic is really interesting also for me.
I think one of the problems could be connected with the Mach 0.3 and the formulation of energy equation:
openfoam-solving/116578-big-problem-predicting-adiabatic-wall-temperature-wing-mach-0-33-rhosimplecfoam.html
Which version of OF are you using? (the last release has quite big differences in energy balance)
You could try several options:
1) replace hRhoThermo with hPsiThermo
2) modify the SIMPLE algorithm to SIMPLEC
3) check which h-Eqn is implemented: you could include the term of viscous dissipation

BTW which is your Re number:laminar or turbulent?

Thanks a lot! laplacian!
I am using the newest version of OF. And I tried both turbulent and laminar case.
I will try as you suggested. Thank you again.