CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > OpenFOAM

How can I install Openfaom-2.0.0 version.

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   July 27, 2016, 23:53
Default How can I install Openfaom-2.0.0 version.
  #1
New Member
 
Peter Hu
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 11
Rep Power: 2
huecu588755 is on a distinguished road
My ubuntu version is 14.04.
I want to install the Openfoam-2.0.0 in ubuntu by copy this code to the terminal:
sudo apt-get install openfoam200
but it says that

huecu@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install openfoam200
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package openfoam200

I want to know what's wrong with it. And how can I install it.
huecu588755 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   July 28, 2016, 04:55
Default
  #2
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 28
Rep Power: 2
g.freeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by huecu588755 View Post
My ubuntu version is 14.04.
I want to install the Openfoam-2.0.0 in ubuntu by copy this code to the terminal:
sudo apt-get install openfoam200
but it says that

huecu@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install openfoam200
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package openfoam200

I want to know what's wrong with it. And how can I install it.
Did you add OpenFOAM to the repository list typing:

VERS=$(lsb_release -cs)
sudo sh -c "echo deb http://dl.openfoam.org/ubuntu $VERS main > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openfoam.list"

and then typed sudo apt-get update?
g.freeman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 5, 2016, 05:57
Default it doesn't work
  #3
DJ4
New Member
 
Alireza Ahani
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Iran-Tehran
Posts: 7
Rep Power: 3
DJ4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.freeman View Post
Did you add OpenFOAM to the repository list typing:

VERS=$(lsb_release -cs)
sudo sh -c "echo deb http://dl.openfoam.org/ubuntu $VERS main > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openfoam.list"

and then typed sudo apt-get update?
I did that too, but it dosn't work for me too (ubuntu 14.04 & OenFOAM 2.0.0)
DJ4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 5, 2016, 09:58
Default
  #4
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 28
Rep Power: 2
g.freeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ4 View Post
I did that too, but it dosn't work for me too (ubuntu 14.04 & OenFOAM 2.0.0)
Try to download the source code from here and to compile
g.freeman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 5, 2016, 13:56
Default
  #5
DJ4
New Member
 
Alireza Ahani
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Iran-Tehran
Posts: 7
Rep Power: 3
DJ4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.freeman View Post
Try to download the source code from here and to compile
Thanks you for your answer
DJ4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problems with installing PyFoam Christoph_84 OpenFOAM Installation 33 October 29, 2015 15:34
A smooth installation of foam-3.0-extend on OpenSUSE 13.1 64-bits cookcaptain OpenFOAM Installation 7 May 26, 2015 11:22
how to install the funkySetFields of version 2.0.1 zakir hussain OpenFOAM Installation 14 July 18, 2013 05:49
How to install OF DP and SP in parallel? klausb OpenFOAM Installation 6 January 7, 2012 19:40
Version 2.0.0 and Intel Compiler muxav OpenFOAM 1 July 4, 2011 08:20


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 15:25.