CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   OpenFOAM (
-   -   OpenFOAM 15 (

msrinath80 July 15, 2008 13:07

My thanks to the person who co
My thanks to the person who compiled the OpenFOAM release notes for version 1.5. Very nicely done.

alberto July 15, 2008 14:49

Thanks for all the job behind
Thanks for all the job behind this release too! :-)

bastil July 16, 2008 07:16

I agree. Great Job.
I agree. Great Job.

madad2005 July 16, 2008 07:31

Indeed. I'm especially happy t
Indeed. I'm especially happy to see the hex mesher and the RhoCentralFoam solver for compressible flows. Top job!

gregorv July 16, 2008 07:55

Many thanks for this new relea
Many thanks for this new release! With the snappyHexMesh tool OpenFOAM is now a complete pacakge for many engineering analyses. I have no idea how you managed to develop such a marvelous package and now especially this meshing tool and make it open source, but I appreciate it very very much! Great job!

richard July 21, 2008 04:26

Well said Gregor, I totally ag
Well said Gregor, I totally agree! Thanks guys

olesen July 21, 2008 05:00

I don't know how many people h
I don't know how many people have played with it, but the combination of #directives and $functions in the input dictionaries is a real boon for productivity.

I've attached a small example of using these features for managing boundary conditions. In the this case for re-using the same geometry, but with alternatively 'active' inlet conditions.
How it works is best left as an exercise for the reader.

In the constant/ directory, there are two examples of using #include and the ~OpenFOAM pseudo-user expansion for simplifying a case setup. The Foam::dotFoam doxygen docs explain which directories are searched. dictionaryExamples.tar.gz

xiaohezhu July 23, 2008 03:28

Hello everyone, this is the
Hello everyone,
this is the first time for me to use message board,I hope someone can help me .
I want to download openfoam-1.5,but I tried many times and failed.
I can't link the source pack and binary pack.Could any one send me your file-share server link?

my email box is I just need the source pack OpenFOAM-1.5.General.gtgz
and binary pack double precision OpenFOAM-1.5.linuxGccDPOpt.gtgz .Thanks .

gschaider July 23, 2008 04:12

Hi Barbara! The packages yo
Hi Barbara!

The packages you asking for are 113MB an 37MB big. No mail server configured by a sane person will accept mails of that size. I'm afraid you'll have to keep trying to download it

juho July 23, 2008 04:20

I had problems with downloadin
I had problems with downloading the packages on my work linux workstation. The download finished wih no problems, but the finished file was 30% too small.

On my windows machine and my home linux box I had no problems. So maybe you could try to download the packages on another computer?

xiaohezhu July 23, 2008 04:45

Hi Bernhard, I know that th
Hi Bernhard,
I know that those files are too big to be sended through email,I hope someone can send me a file-share server link.Now someone give a link, I have down them from this website.Thank you all the same.

Your Download-Link #1:

Your Download-Link #2:

Your Download-Link #3: