CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > OpenFOAM

StitchMesh

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Can we stitch mesh in OpenFoam-1.5
MergeMesh 0 0%
StitchMesh 6 60.00%
2 Diffrent Meshes 1 10.00%
Combine 2 meshes 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   September 21, 2009, 08:03
Default StitchMesh
  #1
Member
 
Pramod
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 30
Rep Power: 7
pramodopen4foam is on a distinguished road
Hi friends,
I have imported meshes from fluent to OpenFoam, I have merged my meshes I am not able to stitch meshes, I have gone through quite a few number of threads but did not get correct idea can anyone please help me regarding this,
Change in triangle::intersection breaks stitchMesh in 1.5 and 1.6
In the above link there are some correction patches , but even after compiling these corrected patches I am able to see 2 diffrent meshes,
so can anyone help me,
Will be easy If I send the mesh files,
Thanks in advance,
pramodopen4foam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 21, 2009, 16:37
Default
  #2
Assistant Moderator
 
Bernhard Gschaider
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,912
Rep Power: 40
gschaider will become famous soon enoughgschaider will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodopen4foam View Post
Hi friends,
I have imported meshes from fluent to OpenFoam, I have merged my meshes I am not able to stitch meshes, I have gone through quite a few number of threads but did not get correct idea can anyone please help me regarding this,
Change in triangle::intersection breaks stitchMesh in 1.5 and 1.6
In the above link there are some correction patches , but even after compiling these corrected patches I am able to see 2 diffrent meshes,
so can anyone help me,
Will be easy If I send the mesh files,
Thanks in advance,
What do you mean with "see 2 different meshes" and what does stitchMesh say? BTW: you're sure that you looked at the stitchedMesh (which is not in the constant-directory but in the next timestep).

Bernhard
gschaider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 22, 2009, 03:56
Default
  #3
Member
 
Pramod
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 30
Rep Power: 7
pramodopen4foam is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gschaider View Post
What do you mean with "see 2 different meshes" and what does stitchMesh say? BTW: you're sure that you looked at the stitchedMesh (which is not in the constant-directory but in the next timestep).

Bernhard
Firstly thanks Bernhard, I meant I am able to see diffrent domain in post processing, I basically meant the flow is not possible through merged mesh, its not passing the interface of 2 meshes, so i assumed stitching is not done in correct way,

and I could not understand the stitching of meshes after studying pleanty of post,

I also saw in all time steps in post processing but also the mesh was same.

It only merges but stitching is Difficult.
pramodopen4foam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 22, 2009, 12:23
Default
  #4
Assistant Moderator
 
Bernhard Gschaider
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,912
Rep Power: 40
gschaider will become famous soon enoughgschaider will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodopen4foam View Post
Firstly thanks Bernhard, I meant I am able to see diffrent domain in post processing, I basically meant the flow is not possible through merged mesh, its not passing the interface of 2 meshes, so i assumed stitching is not done in correct way,

and I could not understand the stitching of meshes after studying pleanty of post,

I also saw in all time steps in post processing but also the mesh was same.

It only merges but stitching is Difficult.
The ultimate Test is checkMesh. If it says that the mesh consists of two regions then it is so. Again: without the error message (or other message) that stitchMesh gives you (and the command line) nobody here can help you

Bernhard
gschaider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 18, 2010, 08:07
Default
  #5
New Member
 
X.G. Li
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bremen, Germany
Posts: 19
Rep Power: 7
CYMa is on a distinguished road
Hallo, Pramod
May you show me how to compile these
these corrected patches in Change in triangle::intersection breaks stitchMesh in 1.5 and 1.6 ?

I really can not find where i should locate these patches.

Thank you very much!!!
CYMa is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Tags
merge, mergemesh, stitch, stitchmesh

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MergeMeshes and stitchMesh problem flo OpenFOAM Mesh Utilities 6 May 10, 2010 10:40
Change in triangle::intersection breaks stitchMesh in 1.5 and 1.6 gschaider OpenFOAM Bugs 7 February 12, 2010 10:21
stitchMesh for uncongruent patches (stitch tolerance) beugold OpenFOAM 0 June 18, 2009 07:38
StitchMesh on OF15 error any fix flo OpenFOAM Bugs 0 August 20, 2008 10:27
Using stitchmesh on imported gmsh meshes christian67 OpenFOAM Meshing Format & General Technical 0 November 26, 2005 05:22


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:38.