CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > OpenFOAM

[groovyBC] Error at the beginning of a simulation

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   March 27, 2010, 12:50
Default [groovyBC] Error at the beginning of a simulation
  #1
Member
 
Piotr Prusinski
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 52
Rep Power: 6
piprus is on a distinguished road
Hi,

New question concerning proper installation of a groovyBC. I have some strange situation here and maybe some of you know what it is.

So, when I'm trying to run the simulation, using groovyBC, then I get something like below:

Code:
#0  Foam::error::printStack(Foam::Ostream&) in "/home/piotr/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6.x/lib/linux64GccDPOpt/libOpenFOAM.so"
#1  Foam::sigFpe::sigFpeHandler(int) in "/home/piotr/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6.x/lib/linux64GccDPOpt/libOpenFOAM.so"
#2  ?? in "/lib/libc.so.6"
#3  Foam::divide(Foam::Field<double>&, double const&, Foam::UList<double> const&) in "/home/piotr/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6.x/lib/linux64GccDPOpt/libOpenFOAM.so"
#4  Foam::tmp<Foam::GeometricField<double, Foam::fvPatchField, Foam::volMesh> > Foam::operator/<Foam::fvPatchField, Foam::volMesh>(Foam::dimensioned<double> const&, Foam::GeometricField<double, Foam::fvPatchField, Foam::volMesh> const&) in "/home/piotr/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6.x/applications/bin/linux64GccDPOpt/compressibleInterFoam"
#5  main in "/home/piotr/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6.x/applications/bin/linux64GccDPOpt/compressibleInterFoam"
#6  __libc_start_main in "/lib/libc.so.6"
#7  _start at /build/buildd/eglibc-2.10.1/csu/../sysdeps/x86_64/elf/start.S:116
Floating point exception
Of course I've put a line in a controlDict:
Code:
libs ( "libOpenFOAM.so" "libgroovyBC.so" ) ;
but it doesn't work.

I feel that probably I made something wrong during the "installation" of groovyBC on my machine. Is it all right, that the path to the groovy library is:
Code:
./OpenFOAM/piotr-1.6.x/lib/linux64GccDPOpt/libgroovyBC.so
instead of:
Code:
./OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6.x/lib/linux64GccDPOpt/
Is it ok?
piprus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   March 27, 2010, 18:30
Default
  #2
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 20
Rep Power: 6
elliot_hfx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by piprus View Post
Hi,
Code:
./OpenFOAM/piotr-1.6.x/lib/linux64GccDPOpt/libgroovyBC.so
instead of:
Code:
./OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6.x/lib/linux64GccDPOpt/
Is it ok?

I think it is OK. Generally, we should put library in our own directory. Did you run the demo case in groovyBC package?

Elliot
elliot_hfx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   March 27, 2010, 18:35
Default
  #3
Member
 
Piotr Prusinski
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 52
Rep Power: 6
piprus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliot_hfx View Post
Did you run the demo case in groovyBC package?

Elliot

Good point, I have to check it...

---------
OK I checked that. I ran the average-t-junction case and it crashed after the step t=0.429104 and just before calculating deltaT of the next step:
Code:
Courant Number mean: 2.06335e+30 max: 6.04513e+31
#0  Foam::error::printStack(Foam::Ostream&) in "/home/piotr/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6.x/lib/linux64GccDPOpt/libOpenFOAM.so"
#1  Foam::sigFpe::sigFpeHandler(int) in "/home/piotr/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6.x/lib/linux64GccDPOpt/libOpenFOAM.so"
#2  ?? in "/lib/libc.so.6"
#3  Foam::Time::adjustDeltaT() in "/home/piotr/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6.x/lib/linux64GccDPOpt/libOpenFOAM.so"
#4  main in "/home/piotr/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6.x/applications/bin/linux64GccDPOpt/pimpleFoam"
#5  __libc_start_main in "/lib/libc.so.6"
#6  _start at /build/buildd/eglibc-2.10.1/csu/../sysdeps/x86_64/elf/start.S:116
Floating point exception
So there is a problem for sure, but this time different (only first 3 lines are exactly the same) than before, even though stinks the same...
--------
This time I ran wobbler. The simulation went smoothly without any errors and the results looks quite nice in ParaView. Strange

Last edited by piprus; March 27, 2010 at 19:15.
piprus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   March 29, 2010, 14:24
Default
  #4
Assistant Moderator
 
Bernhard Gschaider
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,827
Rep Power: 38
gschaider will become famous soon enoughgschaider will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by piprus View Post
Hi,

New question concerning proper installation of a groovyBC. I have some strange situation here and maybe some of you know what it is.

So, when I'm trying to run the simulation, using groovyBC, then I get something like below:

Code:
#0  Foam::error::printStack(Foam::Ostream&) in "/home/piotr/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6.x/lib/linux64GccDPOpt/libOpenFOAM.so"
#1  Foam::sigFpe::sigFpeHandler(int) in "/home/piotr/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6.x/lib/linux64GccDPOpt/libOpenFOAM.so"
#2  ?? in "/lib/libc.so.6"
#3  Foam::divide(Foam::Field<double>&, double const&, Foam::UList<double> const&) in "/home/piotr/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6.x/lib/linux64GccDPOpt/libOpenFOAM.so"
#4  Foam::tmp<Foam::GeometricField<double, Foam::fvPatchField, Foam::volMesh> > Foam::operator/<Foam::fvPatchField, Foam::volMesh>(Foam::dimensioned<double> const&, Foam::GeometricField<double, Foam::fvPatchField, Foam::volMesh> const&) in "/home/piotr/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6.x/applications/bin/linux64GccDPOpt/compressibleInterFoam"
#5  main in "/home/piotr/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6.x/applications/bin/linux64GccDPOpt/compressibleInterFoam"
#6  __libc_start_main in "/lib/libc.so.6"
#7  _start at /build/buildd/eglibc-2.10.1/csu/../sysdeps/x86_64/elf/start.S:116
Floating point exception
There is no place in the stack-trace that says "groovyBC" so the problem didn't happen during the execution of groovyBC. Nevertheless it is possible that you used groovyBC to set something to 0 that shouldn't be 0 (the stack-trace indicates division by 0). But that is something groovyBC cannot be held responsible for

Bernhard
gschaider is online now   Reply With Quote

Old   March 30, 2010, 13:42
Default
  #5
Member
 
Piotr Prusinski
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 52
Rep Power: 6
piprus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gschaider View Post
There is no place in the stack-trace that says "groovyBC" so the problem didn't happen during the execution of groovyBC. Nevertheless it is possible that you used groovyBC to set something to 0 that shouldn't be 0 (the stack-trace indicates division by 0). But that is something groovyBC cannot be held responsible for

Bernhard
Bernhard is right, this error is simply due to my lack of knowledge. Sorry Bernhard... and thanks for all hints.
piprus is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Tags
file path, groovybc, install, library

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replacing mesh while running a simulation akultane CFX 1 November 15, 2009 13:46
FSI TWO-WAY SIMULATION Smagmon CFX 1 March 6, 2009 13:24
Continuous vs interrupted simulation sega OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD 4 November 3, 2008 14:29
Fire simulation using FDS from NIST Jens Main CFD Forum 1 January 22, 2004 01:53
3-D Contaminant Dispersal Simulation Apple L S Chan Main CFD Forum 1 December 23, 1998 10:06


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:30.