||April 7, 2010 11:06
How to install ParaView-3.6.1 in OpenFOAM-1.5-dev and OpenSuse 11.2
I've used OF for a while. So, I installed several versions in different machines and configurations.
This week I realized that the topo mesh changes works only in version 1.5-dev. (Thanks to Prof. H. Jasak in post http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ope...sh-status.html
When I started the installation I had some issues...The most important is that the ThirdParty directory differs from version 1.6.x (yes, this is obvious, but I want to use paraview-3.6.1) So, these are the steps I followed to have a working paraview (I assume you downloaded the OF-1.5-dev and installed):
- Install cmake. In opensuse 11.2 the version is 2.6.4
- Download the ThirdParty directory for version 1.5 as usual
- Download the ThirdParty directory for version 1.6 as usual
- We will use the ThirdParty from 1.5 with some extras from 1.6. So copy de following directories and scripts to the 1.5 directory
- qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.5 (this one downloaded as indicated in OF 1.6 instructions).
- Modify cmake-2.4.6 to OLDcmake-2.4.6 (this way we will use system cmake)
- Modify the following settings
- In $HOME/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5-dev/etc/apps/paraview3
- export ParaView_VERSION="3.6.1"
- export ParaView_INST_DIR=$WM_THIRD_PARTY_DIR/paraview-$ParaView_VERSION
- In $HOME/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5-dev/etc/settings.sh
- Compile Qt with ./makeQt
- Compile Paraview with ./makeParaView -mpi -qmake $HOME/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.5/bin/qmake
- Compile PV3FoamReader as usual
- In a no english system you need to add the following to the paraFoam script: export LC_ALL=C
As you can see they are several steps, that's the reason why I wanted to post them here. I hope I can help somebody.