Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   April 13, 2011, 08:44
Wolfram Kretzschmar
Wolle is on a distinguished road
Hi all!

Originally Posted by poplar View Post
If you have one outlet and the outlet perpendicular to gravity, simply specify a fixed value zero for pressure. If not,you have to specify the static pressure p in version 1.6, pd(=p-rho*h*x) in 1.5. Setting pd=0 is a easy way, I am not sure whether 1.6 supports pd. In 1.6, it seems that uniformDensityHydrostaticPressure is supposed to facilitate the transition from pd to p by specifying an equivalent to constant pd.
Refering to the above example and running it in OF1.7,wouldn't this mean to set p_rgh to zero? What to set for p then? How to apply the uniformDensityHydrostaticPressure BC correctly? I just can't get it right with this p/p_rgh distinction...

In all setups I tried, setting p_rgh to zero lead to an immediate abort of the solver at timestep 0.

P.S.: Does anyone have a copy of the complete case discussed above by any chance?
CAELinux 2010 -- OpenFOAM 1.7
Wolle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   August 8, 2011, 09:15
Default Temperature problem
Peter88 is on a distinguished road
I am trying to do a natural convection case. I got some weird low temperature under the cilinder and pressure stripes at my boundaries Somebody can help me out? See attachment for pictures. The cilinder is 400K and the internal field 300K. If somebody want to see some 0 files, tell me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Temp.jpg (15.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg p_rgh.jpg (24.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg P.jpg (24.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Velocity.jpg (16.8 KB, 23 views)
Peter88 is offline   Reply With Quote