CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > OpenFOAM

patchMassFlow segfault

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   September 21, 2010, 04:49
Default patchMassFlow segfault
  #1
pit
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25
Rep Power: 7
pit is on a distinguished road
Hi,

I have a problem with the simpleFunctionObjects in my OF 1.7. I installed step by step descriped by the wiki and add the function in the controlDict.
Code:
functions
(
       massFlow
  {
    type patchMassFlow;
    functionObjectLibs ("libsimpleFunctionObjects.so");
    verbose true;
    patches
    (
      //inlet_1
      //inlet_2
      //inlet_3
      outlet
    );
    //factor 19.7363; 
  }
);
But I get only a segfault
Code:
Reading field p_rgh
Starting time loop
#0  Foam::error::printStack(Foam::Ostream&) in ".../OpenFOAM-1.7.0/lib/linux64GccDPOpt/libOpenFOAM.so"
#1  Foam::sigSegv::sigSegvHandler(int) in ".../OpenFOAM-1.7.0/lib/linux64GccDPOpt/libOpenFOAM.so"
#2  __restore_rt at sigaction.c:0
#3  ?? in "/home/user/OpenFOAM/user-1.7.0/lib/linux64GccDPOpt/libsimpleFunctionObjects.so"
Segmentation fault!
I didn't get the errormessages every time and if I uncomment the function the error is gone.
Any ideas regarding source of error?
pit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 22, 2010, 10:36
Default
  #2
Assistant Moderator
 
Bernhard Gschaider
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,915
Rep Power: 40
gschaider will become famous soon enoughgschaider will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by pit View Post
Hi,

I have a problem with the simpleFunctionObjects in my OF 1.7. I installed step by step descriped by the wiki and add the function in the controlDict.
Code:
functions
(
       massFlow
  {
    type patchMassFlow;
    functionObjectLibs ("libsimpleFunctionObjects.so");
    verbose true;
    patches
    (
      //inlet_1
      //inlet_2
      //inlet_3
      outlet
    );
    //factor 19.7363; 
  }
);
But I get only a segfault
Code:
Reading field p_rgh
Starting time loop
#0  Foam::error::printStack(Foam::Ostream&) in ".../OpenFOAM-1.7.0/lib/linux64GccDPOpt/libOpenFOAM.so"
#1  Foam::sigSegv::sigSegvHandler(int) in ".../OpenFOAM-1.7.0/lib/linux64GccDPOpt/libOpenFOAM.so"
#2  __restore_rt at sigaction.c:0
#3  ?? in "/home/user/OpenFOAM/user-1.7.0/lib/linux64GccDPOpt/libsimpleFunctionObjects.so"
Segmentation fault!
I didn't get the errormessages every time and if I uncomment the function the error is gone.
Any ideas regarding source of error?
Just to be sure: which solver are you using? The patch outlet is definitly there, is it? Is this happening at the end of the first time-step or at the end?

Bernhard
gschaider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 22, 2010, 12:13
Default
  #3
pit
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25
Rep Power: 7
pit is on a distinguished road
Hi Bernhard, solver was: buoyantSimpleFoam But i tried also a simple tube with simpleFoam with the same result (segfault). The error turn up before the first time-step. It is in order how I quoted. The patch 'outlet' is definetly there.
pit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 22, 2010, 12:42
Default
  #4
Assistant Moderator
 
Bernhard Gschaider
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,915
Rep Power: 40
gschaider will become famous soon enoughgschaider will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by pit View Post
Hi Bernhard, solver was: buoyantSimpleFoam But i tried also a simple tube with simpleFoam with the same result (segfault). The error turn up before the first time-step. It is in order how I quoted. The patch 'outlet' is definetly there.
Strange. Could you please post a report plus a small example-case to the OF-extend-Mantis and I'll have a look
gschaider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 22, 2010, 13:18
Default
  #5
pit
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25
Rep Power: 7
pit is on a distinguished road
Thank you for the help. I will do it tomorrow at work. But I'm not sure what you mean with OF-extend-Mantis? To prevent some mistake. I'm not using the full OF-extend package. I have only download the 'simpleFunctionsObjects' and added them to my local OF-1.7.0 (CentFOAM) Installation.
pit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 23, 2010, 04:32
Default
  #6
pit
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25
Rep Power: 7
pit is on a distinguished road
[code]
user@xxx simple_rohr$ simpleFoam
/*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*\
| ========= | |
| \\ / F ield | OpenFOAM: The Open Source CFD Toolbox |
| \\ / O peration | Version: 1.7.0 |
| \\ / A nd | Web: www.OpenFOAM.com |
| \\/ M anipulation | |
\*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
Build : 1.7.0-5773603db906
Exec : simpleFoam
Date : Sep 23 2010
Time : 10:04:44
Host : W71C-FRGHC0010
PID : 18166
Case : /workDir/simple_rohr
nProcs : 1
SigFpe : Enabling floating point exception trapping (FOAM_SIGFPE).

// * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * //
Create time

Create mesh for time = 0

Reading field p

Reading field U

Reading/calculating face flux field phi

Selecting incompressible transport model Newtonian
Selecting RAS turbulence model SpalartAllmaras
SpalartAllmarasCoeffs
{
sigmaNut 0.66666;
kappa 0.41;
Cb1 0.1355;
Cb2 0.622;
Cw2 0.3;
Cw3 2;
Cv1 7.1;
Cv2 5;
}


Starting time loop

Speicherzugriffsfehler
[\code]
Speicherzugriffsfehler = segfault

I have report it at OF-extend-Mantis with the simplest case. I hope the informations are enough.
pit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 24, 2010, 08:34
Default update
  #7
pit
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25
Rep Power: 7
pit is on a distinguished road
Hi Bernhard,

because of newer knowledge I'm 'sure' that the 'simpleFunctionObjects'-package is NOT the problem. It seems that my installation/wmake work not correctly.

For more informations look:check wmake in CentFOAM
pit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 24, 2010, 14:51
Default
  #8
Assistant Moderator
 
Bernhard Gschaider
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,915
Rep Power: 40
gschaider will become famous soon enoughgschaider will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by pit View Post
Hi Bernhard,

because of newer knowledge I'm 'sure' that the 'simpleFunctionObjects'-package is NOT the problem. It seems that my installation/wmake work not correctly.

For more informations look:check wmake in CentFOAM
Thanks for the report anyway. I've closed it. From what I saw in your other posting the problem is that you seem to compile in 64 bit but then it tries to link it to the 32-bit object /usr/lib/crt1.o

Should the problem with the simpleFunctionObjects persist once you resolved that installation problem feel free to reopen the bug

Bernhard
gschaider is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to use setField to create sphere sega OpenFOAM Pre-Processing 36 February 9, 2013 13:19
Flow simulation in porous media olesen OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD 18 November 20, 2012 03:10
changeDictionary segfault 1.6.x wikstrom OpenFOAM Bugs 2 January 12, 2010 06:10
SegFault due to illegal readwrites msg30 OpenFOAM Bugs 4 December 12, 2007 13:44


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 23:47.