CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   OpenFOAM (
-   -   Error compiling OpenFoamTurbo (

usergk November 2, 2010 23:36

Error compiling OpenFoamTurbo

I am trying to compile the OpenFoam Turbo library found in the Dellenback Abrupt Expansion test case (

I am getting the following error which I have not been able to resolve.
I am new to using OpenFoam and Linux and would appreciate any help in this regard.

~/OpenFOAM/gk/src/OpenFoamTurbo$ wmake libso wmakeLnInclude: linking include files to ./lnInclude
SOURCE=finiteVolume/fields/fvPatchFields/derived/profile1DfixedValue/profile1DRawData.C ; g++ -m64 -Dlinux64 -DWM_DP -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wold-style-cast -Wnon-virtual-dtor -O3 -DNoRepository -ftemplate-depth-40 -I/home/gk/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude -IlnInclude -I. -I/home/gk/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude -I/home/gk/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6/src/OSspecific/POSIX/lnInclude -fPIC -c $SOURCE -o Make/linux64GccDPOpt/profile1DRawData.o
In file included from finiteVolume/fields/fvPatchFields/derived/profile1DfixedValue/profile1DRawData.C:101:
finiteVolume/fields/fvPatchFields/derived/profile1DfixedValue/profile1DRawData.H: In function ‚std::string Foam::toLower(const std::string&)‚:
finiteVolume/fields/fvPatchFields/derived/profile1DfixedValue/profile1DRawData.H:75: error: ‚transform‚ is not a member of ‚std‚
finiteVolume/fields/fvPatchFields/derived/profile1DfixedValue/profile1DRawData.H: At global scope:
finiteVolume/fields/fvPatchFields/derived/profile1DfixedValue/profile1DRawData.H:120: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type
finiteVolume/fields/fvPatchFields/derived/profile1DfixedValue/profile1DRawData.H:121: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type
finiteVolume/fields/fvPatchFields/derived/profile1DfixedValue/profile1DRawData.C:124: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type
finiteVolume/fields/fvPatchFields/derived/profile1DfixedValue/profile1DRawData.C:137: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type
make: *** [Make/linux64GccDPOpt/profile1DRawData.o] Error 1

Thanks a lot!

hani November 3, 2010 10:45

Hi GK,

Looking at your compilation message you are using 1.6, and reading the text that has been supplied at the web page for libOpenFoamTurbo ( you can find instructions for download and installation for 1.4.1 and 1.5 (i.e. nothing for 1.6). Some classes that are used by libOpenFoamTurbo have obviously changed their definitions from 1.5 to 1.6.

So, why is there no version for 1.6 and 1.7 yet? That is because 1.5-dev is the outstanding tool when it comes to turbomachinery applications.

Good luck!

usergk November 3, 2010 12:03

Hi Hakan,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Actually, I came across a thread ( and removed the SRFZones boundary condition in the Make/files file, and it compiled properly.

Onto the next step now.. Hope it goes well.

~ GK