CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   OpenFOAM (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam/)
-   -   error: expected `}' at end of input (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam/82007-error-expected-end-input.html)

Farshad_Noravesh November 13, 2010 03:18

error: expected `}' at end of input
 
Hello,
I tried to compile steadyreactingFoam solver as described in http://openfoamwiki.net/index.php/Co...teReactingFoam
by using wmake libso
it compiles and gives me the following errors:
alternateSteadyReactingFoam.C:39:31: error: hCombustionThermo.H: No such file or directory
alternateSteadyReactingFoam.C:40:44: error: compressible/RASModel/RASModel.H: No such file or directory
alternateSteadyReactingFoam.C:41:37: error: alternateChemistryModel.H: No such file or directory
In file included from /home/farshad3/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6/src/thermophysicalModels/chemistryModel/lnInclude/ODEChemistryModel.H:220,
from /home/farshad3/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6/src/thermophysicalModels/chemistryModel/lnInclude/chemistrySolver.H:39,
from alternateSteadyReactingFoam.C:42:
/home/farshad3/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6/src/thermophysicalModels/chemistryModel/lnInclude/ODEChemistryModel.C:29:29: error: reactingMixture.H: No such file or directory
alternateSteadyReactingFoam.C:55:44: error: readEnvironmentalProperties.H: No such file or directory

nakul November 14, 2010 23:32

Hi,
Check your options file in make folder.
Remove the LinuxGccDPOpt folder and again try to compile.

gschaider November 15, 2010 04:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farshad_Noravesh (Post 283304)
Hello,
I tried to compile steadyreactingFoam solver as described in http://openfoamwiki.net/index.php/Co...teReactingFoam
by using wmake libso
it compiles and gives me the following errors:
alternateSteadyReactingFoam.C:39:31: error: hCombustionThermo.H: No such file or directory
alternateSteadyReactingFoam.C:40:44: error: compressible/RASModel/RASModel.H: No such file or directory
alternateSteadyReactingFoam.C:41:37: error: alternateChemistryModel.H: No such file or directory
In file included from /home/farshad3/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6/src/thermophysicalModels/chemistryModel/lnInclude/ODEChemistryModel.H:220,
from /home/farshad3/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6/src/thermophysicalModels/chemistryModel/lnInclude/chemistrySolver.H:39,
from alternateSteadyReactingFoam.C:42:
/home/farshad3/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6/src/thermophysicalModels/chemistryModel/lnInclude/ODEChemistryModel.C:29:29: error: reactingMixture.H: No such file or directory
alternateSteadyReactingFoam.C:55:44: error: readEnvironmentalProperties.H: No such file or directory

This solver currently only compiles with 1.5. You're trying with 1.6

Farshad_Noravesh November 17, 2010 03:39

which class is changed?
 
Dear gschaider,

Thanks for your help. Do you know which class has been changed in openfoam1.6?

Kind Regards,
Farshad

gschaider November 17, 2010 05:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farshad_Noravesh (Post 283725)
Dear gschaider,

Thanks for your help. Do you know which class has been changed in openfoam1.6?

Kind Regards,
Farshad

Almost everything that is relevant for this in $FOAM_SRC/thermophysicalModels

Sorry

Farshad_Noravesh November 18, 2010 01:29

118: error: ‘__getdelim’ was not declared in this scope
 
Hi,
I used OpenFOAM1.5 for steadyreactingfoam solver but now i have some other compiling errors:
[farshad@farshad2 alternateChemistryModels]$ wclean
[farshad@farshad2 alternateChemistryModels]$ wmake libso
Making dependency list for source file OpenFOAM/chemistryModelProxy.C
Making dependency list for source file OpenFOAM/localTimeChemistryModelProxy.C
Making dependency list for source file alternateChemistryModel.C
SOURCE=OpenFOAM/chemistryModelProxy.C ; g++ -m64 -Dlinux64 -DDP -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wold-style-cast -march=opteron -O3 -DNoRepository -ftemplate-depth-40 -I/home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude -I/home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude -I/home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/thermophysicalModels/combustion/lnInclude -I/home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/thermophysicalModels/basic/lnInclude -I/home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/thermophysicalModels/chemistryModel/lnInclude -I/home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/ODE/lnInclude -IlnInclude -I. -I/home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude -I/home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OSspecific/Unix/lnInclude -fPIC -c $SOURCE -o Make/linux64GccDPOpt/chemistryModelProxy.o
In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:929,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty/gcc-4.3.1/platforms/linux64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.3.1/../../../../include/c++/4.3.1/cstdio:50,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty/gcc-4.3.1/platforms/linux64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.3.1/../../../../include/c++/4.3.1/bits/char_traits.h:48,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty/gcc-4.3.1/platforms/linux64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.3.1/../../../../include/c++/4.3.1/string:47,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/string.H:51,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/word.H:44,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/fileName.H:48,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/IOobject.H:69,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/regIOobject.H:42,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/GeometricField.H:43,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/GeometricScalarField.H:39,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/GeometricFields.H:35,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude/volFields.H:38,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/thermophysicalModels/basic/lnInclude/basicThermo.H:40,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/thermophysicalModels/combustion/lnInclude/hCombustionThermo.H:40,
from lnInclude/alternateChemistryModel.H:43,
from OpenFOAM/chemistryModelProxy.H:43,
from OpenFOAM/chemistryModelProxy.C:32:
/usr/include/bits/stdio.h: In function ‘__ssize_t getline(char**, size_t*, FILE*)’:
/usr/include/bits/stdio.h:118: error: ‘__getdelim’ was not declared in this scope
In file included from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty/gcc-4.3.1/platforms/linux64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.3.1/../../../../include/c++/4.3.1/bits/localefwd.h:47,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty/gcc-4.3.1/platforms/linux64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.3.1/../../../../include/c++/4.3.1/string:50,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/string.H:51,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/word.H:44,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/fileName.H:48,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/IOobject.H:69,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/regIOobject.H:42,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/GeometricField.H:43,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/GeometricScalarField.H:39,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/GeometricFields.H:35,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude/volFields.H:38,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/thermophysicalModels/basic/lnInclude/basicThermo.H:40,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/thermophysicalModels/combustion/lnInclude/hCombustionThermo.H:40,
from lnInclude/alternateChemistryModel.H:43,
from OpenFOAM/chemistryModelProxy.H:43,
from OpenFOAM/chemistryModelProxy.C:32:
/home/farshad/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty/gcc-4.3.1/platforms/linux64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.3.1/../../../../include/c++/4.3.1/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bits/c++locale.h: At global scope:
/home/farshad/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty/gcc-4.3.1/platforms/linux64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.3.1/../../../../include/c++/4.3.1/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bits/c++locale.h:57: error: ‘uselocale’ was not declared in this scope
/home/farshad/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty/gcc-4.3.1/platforms/linux64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.3.1/../../../../include/c++/4.3.1/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bits/c++locale.h:57: error: invalid type in declaration before ‘;’ token
/home/farshad/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty/gcc-4.3.1/platforms/linux64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.3.1/../../../../include/c++/4.3.1/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bits/c++locale.h: In function ‘int std::__convert_from_v(__locale_struct* const&, char*, int, const char*, ...)’:
/home/farshad/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty/gcc-4.3.1/platforms/linux64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.3.1/../../../../include/c++/4.3.1/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bits/c++locale.h:77: error: ‘__gnu_cxx::__uselocale’ cannot be used as a function
/home/farshad/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty/gcc-4.3.1/platforms/linux64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.3.1/../../../../include/c++/4.3.1/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bits/c++locale.h:102: error: ‘__gnu_cxx::__uselocale’ cannot be used as a function
make: *** [Make/linux64GccDPOpt/chemistryModelProxy.o] Error 1
[farshad@farshad2 alternateChemistryModels]$

please help me
Thanks

gschaider November 18, 2010 10:37

After a quick glance I'd say that headers from the OF-compiler (/home/farshad/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty/gcc-4.3.1/platforms/linux64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.3.1/../../../../include/c++/4.3.1) and system headers (/usr/include) are being mixed. That would be a general problem of your installation. Try compiling something else to verify.

Bernhard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farshad_Noravesh (Post 283853)
Hi,
I used OpenFOAM1.5 for steadyreactingfoam solver but now i have some other compiling errors:
[farshad@farshad2 alternateChemistryModels]$ wclean
[farshad@farshad2 alternateChemistryModels]$ wmake libso
Making dependency list for source file OpenFOAM/chemistryModelProxy.C
Making dependency list for source file OpenFOAM/localTimeChemistryModelProxy.C
Making dependency list for source file alternateChemistryModel.C
SOURCE=OpenFOAM/chemistryModelProxy.C ; g++ -m64 -Dlinux64 -DDP -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wold-style-cast -march=opteron -O3 -DNoRepository -ftemplate-depth-40 -I/home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude -I/home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude -I/home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/thermophysicalModels/combustion/lnInclude -I/home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/thermophysicalModels/basic/lnInclude -I/home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/thermophysicalModels/chemistryModel/lnInclude -I/home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/ODE/lnInclude -IlnInclude -I. -I/home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude -I/home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OSspecific/Unix/lnInclude -fPIC -c $SOURCE -o Make/linux64GccDPOpt/chemistryModelProxy.o
In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:929,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty/gcc-4.3.1/platforms/linux64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.3.1/../../../../include/c++/4.3.1/cstdio:50,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty/gcc-4.3.1/platforms/linux64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.3.1/../../../../include/c++/4.3.1/bits/char_traits.h:48,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty/gcc-4.3.1/platforms/linux64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.3.1/../../../../include/c++/4.3.1/string:47,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/string.H:51,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/word.H:44,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/fileName.H:48,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/IOobject.H:69,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/regIOobject.H:42,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/GeometricField.H:43,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/GeometricScalarField.H:39,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/GeometricFields.H:35,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude/volFields.H:38,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/thermophysicalModels/basic/lnInclude/basicThermo.H:40,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/thermophysicalModels/combustion/lnInclude/hCombustionThermo.H:40,
from lnInclude/alternateChemistryModel.H:43,
from OpenFOAM/chemistryModelProxy.H:43,
from OpenFOAM/chemistryModelProxy.C:32:
/usr/include/bits/stdio.h: In function ‘__ssize_t getline(char**, size_t*, FILE*)’:
/usr/include/bits/stdio.h:118: error: ‘__getdelim’ was not declared in this scope
In file included from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty/gcc-4.3.1/platforms/linux64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.3.1/../../../../include/c++/4.3.1/bits/localefwd.h:47,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty/gcc-4.3.1/platforms/linux64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.3.1/../../../../include/c++/4.3.1/string:50,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/string.H:51,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/word.H:44,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/fileName.H:48,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/IOobject.H:69,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/regIOobject.H:42,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/GeometricField.H:43,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/GeometricScalarField.H:39,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/GeometricFields.H:35,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude/volFields.H:38,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/thermophysicalModels/basic/lnInclude/basicThermo.H:40,
from /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/thermophysicalModels/combustion/lnInclude/hCombustionThermo.H:40,
from lnInclude/alternateChemistryModel.H:43,
from OpenFOAM/chemistryModelProxy.H:43,
from OpenFOAM/chemistryModelProxy.C:32:
/home/farshad/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty/gcc-4.3.1/platforms/linux64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.3.1/../../../../include/c++/4.3.1/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bits/c++locale.h: At global scope:
/home/farshad/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty/gcc-4.3.1/platforms/linux64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.3.1/../../../../include/c++/4.3.1/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bits/c++locale.h:57: error: ‘uselocale’ was not declared in this scope
/home/farshad/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty/gcc-4.3.1/platforms/linux64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.3.1/../../../../include/c++/4.3.1/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bits/c++locale.h:57: error: invalid type in declaration before ‘;’ token
/home/farshad/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty/gcc-4.3.1/platforms/linux64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.3.1/../../../../include/c++/4.3.1/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bits/c++locale.h: In function ‘int std::__convert_from_v(__locale_struct* const&, char*, int, const char*, ...)’:
/home/farshad/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty/gcc-4.3.1/platforms/linux64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.3.1/../../../../include/c++/4.3.1/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bits/c++locale.h:77: error: ‘__gnu_cxx::__uselocale’ cannot be used as a function
/home/farshad/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty/gcc-4.3.1/platforms/linux64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.3.1/../../../../include/c++/4.3.1/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bits/c++locale.h:102: error: ‘__gnu_cxx::__uselocale’ cannot be used as a function
make: *** [Make/linux64GccDPOpt/chemistryModelProxy.o] Error 1
[farshad@farshad2 alternateChemistryModels]$

please help me
Thanks


Farshad_Noravesh November 18, 2010 12:41

createFields.H:91: error: ‘alternateChemistryModel’ was not declared in this scope
 
Dear Bernhard,

I did foamInstalationTest and it says my installation is correct.
Executing /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/bin/foamInstallationTest:


Checking basic setup...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shell: bash
Host: farshad2
OS: Linux version 2.6.33.3-85.fc13.x86_64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Checking main OpenFOAM env variables...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Environment_variable Set_to_file_or_directory Valid Crit
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$WM_PROJECT_INST_DIR /home/farshad/OpenFOAM yes yes
$WM_PROJECT_USER_DIR /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/farshad-1.5 yes no
$WM_THIRD_PARTY_DIR /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty yes yes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Checking the OpenFOAM env variables set on the PATH...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Environment_variable Set_to_file_or_directory Valid Path Crit
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$WM_PROJECT_DIR /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5 yes yes yes

$FOAM_APPBIN ...1.5/applications/bin/linux64GccDPOpt yes yes yes
$FOAM_USER_APPBIN ...1.5/applications/bin/linux64GccDPOpt yes yes no
$WM_DIR .../farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/wmake yes yes yes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Checking the OpenFOAM env variables set on the LD_LIBRARY_PATH...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Environment_variable Set_to_file_or_directory Valid Path Crit
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$FOAM_LIBBIN ...OAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/lib/linux64GccDPOpt yes yes yes
$FOAM_USER_LIBBIN ...FOAM/farshad-1.5/lib/linux64GccDPOpt yes yes no
$MPI_ARCH_PATH ...nmpi-1.2.6/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt yes yes yes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Third party software
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Software Version Location
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
gcc 4.3.1 ...penFOAM/ThirdParty/gcc-4.3.1/platforms/linux64/bin/gcc
gzip 1.3.13 /usr/bin/gzip
tar 1.22 /bin/tar
icoFoam 1.5 .../OpenFOAM-1.5/applications/bin/linux64GccDPOpt/icoFoam
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Checking networking...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Action Result Crit
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pinging_farshad2 Successful yes
Pinging_localHost Successful yes
Test_rsh: Unsuccessful_connection_refused* yes
Test_ssh: Successful yes
(*) Only one of rsh or ssh is required by the OpenFOAM enviroment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Base configuration ok.

Critical systems ok.


done.

------------------------------------------
Thanks

gschaider November 19, 2010 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farshad_Noravesh (Post 283937)
Dear Bernhard,

I did foamInstalationTest and it says my installation is correct.
Executing /home/farshad/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5/bin/foamInstallationTest:

This program only does some very basic tests. For instance it checks whether a gcc/g++ is found, but not whether it works.

Have you tried compiling ANYTHING else (preferably OF related but it is my suspicion that a simple HelloWorld.cpp would fail too) using that setup and was it successful

Bernhard

Anne Lincke December 12, 2012 04:27

Dear all,

since our cluster was updated, I cannot compile any Foam-solvers any more. I obtain a similiar error message as above

HTML Code:

~/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/applications/solvers/incompressible> cd simpleFoam/

~/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/applications/solvers/incompressible/simpleFoam> ls
convergenceCheck.H  createFields.H  initConvergenceCheck.H  Make  nutWallFunctionConstantYPlus  omegaWallFunctionConstantYPlus  pEqn.H  simpleFoam.C  simpleFoam.C~  simpleFoam.dep  UEqn.H

~/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/applications/solvers/incompressible/simpleFoam> wclean

~/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/applications/solvers/incompressible/simpleFoam> wmake
Making dependency list for source file simpleFoam.C
Making dependency list for source file nutWallFunctionConstantYPlus/nutWallFunctionConstantYPlusFvPatchScalarField.C
Making dependency list for source file omegaWallFunctionConstantYPlus/omegaWallFunctionConstantYPlusFvPatchScalarField.C
SOURCE=simpleFoam.C ;  g++ -m64 -Dlinux64 -DWM_DP -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wold-style-cast -Wnon-virtual-dtor -O3  -DNoRepository -ftemplate-depth-40 -I/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/src/turbulenceModels    -I/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/src/turbulenceModels/incompressible/RAS/RASModel    -I/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/src/transportModels    -I/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/src/transportModels/incompressible/singlePhaseTransportModel    -I/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude -IlnInclude -I. -I/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude -I/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/src/OSspecific/POSIX/lnInclude  -fPIC -c $SOURCE -o Make/linux64GccDPOpt/simpleFoam.o
In file included from /home/lincke/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-1.7.0/platforms/linux64/gcc-4.4.4/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.4.4/../../../../include/c++/4.4.4/bits/localefwd.h:42,
                from /home/lincke/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-1.7.0/platforms/linux64/gcc-4.4.4/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.4.4/../../../../include/c++/4.4.4/string:45,
                from /home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/string.H:51,
                from /home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/word.H:43,
                from /home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/int.H:39,
                from /home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/label.H:58,
                from /home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/labelList.H:35,
                from /home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/Pstream.H:43,
                from /home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/OPstream.H:35,
                from /home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/parRun.H:35,
                from /home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude/fvCFD.H:4,
                from simpleFoam.C:32:
/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-1.7.0/platforms/linux64/gcc-4.4.4/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.4.4/../../../../include/c++/4.4.4/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bits/c++locale.h:52: Fehler: »uselocale« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-1.7.0/platforms/linux64/gcc-4.4.4/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.4.4/../../../../include/c++/4.4.4/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bits/c++locale.h:52: Fehler: invalid type in declaration before »;« token
/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-1.7.0/platforms/linux64/gcc-4.4.4/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.4.4/../../../../include/c++/4.4.4/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bits/c++locale.h: In function »int std::__convert_from_v(__locale_struct* const&, char*, int, const char*, ...)«:
/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-1.7.0/platforms/linux64/gcc-4.4.4/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.4.4/../../../../include/c++/4.4.4/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bits/c++locale.h:72: Fehler: »__gnu_cxx::__uselocale« kann nicht als Funktion verwendet werden
/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-1.7.0/platforms/linux64/gcc-4.4.4/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.4.4/../../../../include/c++/4.4.4/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bits/c++locale.h:97: Fehler: »__gnu_cxx::__uselocale« kann nicht als Funktion verwendet werden
/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude/readSIMPLEControls.H: In function »int main(int, char**)«:
/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude/readSIMPLEControls.H:6: Warnung: Variable »momentumPredictor« wird nicht verwendet
/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude/readSIMPLEControls.H:9: Warnung: Variable »transonic« wird nicht verwendet
make: *** [Make/linux64GccDPOpt/simpleFoam.o] Fehler 1

Any help is appreciated!

Edit: The operating system was recently updated to Suse Enterprise 11.2.
I assume that my problems are related to this...

Thank you.

Anne

Anne Lincke December 12, 2012 06:01

In this thread I found out, that the reason for my error was that the gcc delivered by the Third Party was built by an older operating system.

http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ope...of1-7-1-a.html

Switching to system-compiler in etc/settings.sh, like suggested in the thread, led to another error

HTML Code:

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/applications/solvers/incompressible/porousSimpleFoam'
make[2]: »/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/applications/bin/linux64GccDPOpt/porousSimpleFoam« ist bereits aktualisiert.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/applications/solvers/incompressible/porousSimpleFoam'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/applications/solvers/incompressible/shallowWaterFoam'
make[2]: »/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/applications/bin/linux64GccDPOpt/shallowWaterFoam« ist bereits aktualisiert.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/applications/solvers/incompressible/shallowWaterFoam'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/applications/solvers/incompressible/simpleFoam'
g++ -m64 -Dlinux64 -DWM_DP -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wold-style-cast -Wnon-virtual-dtor -O3  -DNoRepository -ftemplate-depth-40 -I/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/src/turbulenceModels    -I/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/src/turbulenceModels/incompressible/RAS/RASModel    -I/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/src/transportModels    -I/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/src/transportModels/incompressible/singlePhaseTransportModel    -I/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude -IlnInclude -I. -I/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude -I/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/src/OSspecific/POSIX/lnInclude  -fPIC Make/linux64GccDPOpt/simpleFoam.o Make/linux64GccDPOpt/nutWallFunctionConstantYPlusFvPatchScalarField.o Make/linux64GccDPOpt/omegaWallFunctionConstantYPlusFvPatchScalarField.o -L/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/lib/linux64GccDPOpt \
      -lincompressibleRASModels    -lincompressibleTransportModels    -lfiniteVolume -lOpenFOAM -liberty -ldl  -lm -o /home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/applications/bin/linux64GccDPOpt/simpleFoam
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.3/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -liberty
collect2: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück
make[2]: *** [/home/lincke/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.0/applications/bin/linux64GccDPOpt/simpleFoam] Fehler 1

I keep on finding a solution for this problem.
Do you have any ideas? Maybe some packages missing?

Thank you.

Anne

Anne Lincke December 12, 2012 06:22

It's me again - hope that this is not annoying for anyone.

In this thread is stated, that I need the binutils-devel package.

http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ope...d-liberty.html

As soon as I have installed it (unfortunately I am not able to do this myself) I will give some feedback if it helps.

Regards
Anne

Anne Lincke December 14, 2012 04:21

The missing package binutils-devel was the solution for the compilation problems.

This is also stated here

http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ope...er-3d0-3e.html

and here

http://www.idurun.com/?p=329

Sorry for being redundant.

Regards
Anne


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:21.