CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   OpenFOAM (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam/)
-   -   compile cantera files by g++ (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam/83828-compile-cantera-files-g.html)

Farshad_Noravesh January 12, 2011 13:34

compile cantera files by g++

Hi,
I have installed cantera because i could see it in /usr/local/cantera
but when i want to compile a new file as there are in example folder and i do like this:
g++ canteraexample -o firstexample
i get huge number of errors.
does anybody know what my problem is? assume that i dont have openfoam and i only want to produce flamelet lookuptable with C++ and cantera only!
Thank you very much
I appreciate openfoam users.

gschaider January 12, 2011 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farshad_Noravesh (Post 290172)
Hi,
I have installed cantera because i could see it in /usr/local/cantera
but when i want to compile a new file as there are in example folder and i do like this:
g++ canteraexample -o firstexample
i get huge number of errors.
does anybody know what my problem is? assume that i dont have openfoam and i only want to produce flamelet lookuptable with C++ and cantera only!
Thank you very much
I appreciate openfoam users.

The problem is probably that the relvant header files are not found. Try compiling the examples using the supplied Makefiles and have a look at the additional options that are used for g++ there

But this is neither a Cantera or an OF-problem but "101: using a C++-compiler"

Farshad_Noravesh January 13, 2011 03:17

make

Dear Bernhard,
Good day. Thanks for your help, I did make and it compiled and printed the CP and CV as i wanted by using g.getcp(),........
please tell me if i can use the written make files for all of my cantera source files. Do i need to modify it? i dont know much about shell programming in linux. what kind of modification i may need to do for my future cantera cases?
Do you agree with me that i could produce a flamelet database without interfacing openfoam? and i then have plan to convert my results to hashptrtable to be used by my flamelet solver.
Thanks alot,
Farshad

gschaider January 13, 2011 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farshad_Noravesh (Post 290241)
Dear Bernhard,
Good day. Thanks for your help, I did make and it compiled and printed the CP and CV as i wanted by using g.getcp(),........
please tell me if i can use the written make files for all of my cantera source files. Do i need to modify it? i dont know much about shell programming in linux. what kind of modification i may need to do for my future cantera cases?
Do you agree with me that i could produce a flamelet database without interfacing openfoam? and i then have plan to convert my results to hashptrtable to be used by my flamelet solver.
Thanks alot,
Farshad

That's a lot of questions (and they are not very specific). There are limits to my time. Sorry

Bernhard