|February 26, 2011, 18:34||
What mesh is required?
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 83Rep Power: 8
I am working on the setup of my wing optimization (lift/drag) case (3D).
- Re-range is 300.000 to 1.500.000
- It's a hydrofoil, fluid is water
- Medium chord is 100mm, wing span is 1040mm
- Simulation domain size is 1000mm x 1600mm x 1000mm (for half the wing span as it's a symmetrical case)
- I'll be using simpleFoam + SpalartAllmaras
- Using http://geolab.larc.nasa.gov/APPS/YPlus/ I get a ds = 0.0000020m = hight of the first cell row on the wing surface for a desired y+ of 0.5 at Re = 550.000
Question 1: Where can I define such a value for ds using snappyHexMesh?
Question 2: Problem with locationInMesh: Can this be just any location inside the domain but outside the wing?
Question 3: Any recommendations for the overall mesh to get good results for cl/cd?
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|3D Hybrid Mesh Errors||DarrenC||ANSYS Meshing & Geometry||11||August 5, 2013 06:42|
|[ICEM] how to mesh a sail (and the rest of the boat)||matteoL||ANSYS Meshing & Geometry||4||May 7, 2012 10:23|
|2D Mesh Generation Tutorial for GMSH||aeroslacker||Open Source Meshers: Gmsh, Netgen, CGNS, ...||12||January 19, 2012 04:52|
|basic of mesh refinement||arya||CFX||4||June 19, 2007 12:21|
|Mesh||Mignard||FLUENT||2||March 22, 2000 06:12|