CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   OpenFOAM (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam/)
-   -   Changing makeCellSets in chtMultiRegionFoam (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam/87549-changing-makecellsets-chtmultiregionfoam.html)

Scot April 22, 2011 19:51

Changing makeCellSets in chtMultiRegionFoam

I'm trying to change the geometry of the T-shaped heater in chtMultiRegionFoam/ multiRegionHeater but I get an error.

I try getting rid of the vertical part of the T-shaped heater so I delete the line "cellSet heater add boxToCell (etc)" in the file makeCellSets.setSet.

The run crashes right away and I see the error "Cannot find file "points" in directory heater/polyMesh etc". The file "points" is truly there, but it is shorter because I cut off part of the original heater.

What am I doing wrong? How can I begin to modify the tutorial setup to a different heater/solids/air configuration? I'd very much appreciate any advice.

mirko April 25, 2011 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scot (Post 304749)
I'm trying to change the geometry of the T-shaped heater in chtMultiRegionFoam/ multiRegionHeater but I get an error.

I try getting rid of the vertical part of the T-shaped heater so I delete the line "cellSet heater add boxToCell (etc)" in the file makeCellSets.setSet.

The run crashes right away and I see the error "Cannot find file "points" in directory heater/polyMesh etc". The file "points" is truly there, but it is shorter because I cut off part of the original heater.

What am I doing wrong? How can I begin to modify the tutorial setup to a different heater/solids/air configuration? I'd very much appreciate any advice.

Any errors or warnings in the log files? Missing point files may be a result of an error in splitMeshRegions.

Scot April 25, 2011 11:53

The error message differs depending on whether I run one processor or several processors. The error messages don't seem helpful in this case.

How would you begin to change the tutorial case to a different configuration? I change only the shape of the heater by deleting the second line of "makeCellSets.setSet". Do you have any idea why such a change causes a crash? Thanks, Scot

Scot April 25, 2011 16:48

The answer is that one has to change not only the makeCellSets.setSet file but also the system/(region)/changeDictionaryDict files, as hinted by "Cht tutorial in 15" around pages 3 and 4. Thanks. -Scot

mirko April 26, 2011 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scot (Post 305010)
The answer is that one has to change not only the makeCellSets.setSet file but also the system/(region)/changeDictionaryDict files, as hinted by "Cht tutorial in 15" around pages 3 and 4. Thanks. -Scot

Glad you found root cause of the problem :-)

And thanks for posting the fix. Now someone else will benefit too.

Too often people pose a question and then figure out the answer, but don't post it. (I was guilty of that too).

Mirko

Budlo June 5, 2012 10:08

Hi All

I want change the " makecellsets.setset " for my problem.
What is the numbers in bracket in this file ?
Introduce a reference for How change this file.

thanks for your attention.