swak4Foam for faceZones
I'd like to calculate the mass flow throgh a faceZone.
I tried first the function in OpenFOAM 2.0 sum(phi) but it calculates the mass flow adding the flux phi without taking in account the normal of the face. I think it is not correct.
After I tried swak4Foam, which does sum(phi*flip()). This is correct but my problem is:
- I got the faceZones whit the snappy
- the faceZones are written into faceZones file directly after snapppy. For some I can find the flip field written, for other no...
- if I use also the swak4Foam I got the correct mass flow for some faceZones and incorrect for others
My question are:
- is it possible to have the correct normals by OpenFOAM?
- I tried also to rewrite the faceZones set, and then to rewirte the file faceZones with the command setsToZones (without the -noFlipMap flag), but I got error and suggestion to use -noFlipMap
Now I solved the problem calculating the faces normals myself, but I'id be very glad if someone can suggest me the correct way to use the OpenFOAM / swak4Foam functions.
If you have a cellZone/cellSet that is on either side of the faceSet/faceZone then you might be in business. The convention of setsToZones is that if it finds a cellSet fooSlaveCells then it uses those to calculate the flip-map of the faceZone foo. You'll just have to provide that cellSet (by renaming, converting from faceZone etc).
Thank you for your reply.
I don't know if I understood well... but during my snappy I use some opened stl as internalFaces (or faceZones) to have then the flux phi on those.
The snappy routine create also a cellZone with the same name of the faceZone but it's empty!
How could I do? If I use a closed stl the mass flow would be 0
Maybe you "splitMeshRegions -makeCellZones -blockedFaces" helps you
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:16.|