CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   OpenFOAM (
-   -   Allclean deletes blockMeshDict file! (

musahossein December 2, 2011 10:23

Allclean deletes blockMeshDict file!
Dear all:

I am running OpenFOAM on Ubuntu 11.10. I modfied the blockmeshDict.m4 file in sloshingtank2D and saved it as blockmeshDict and modified the Allrun file accordingly. All works well. But strangely, when I do Allclean, it not only deletes the files it is supposed to delete, but also deletes the modified blockmeshDict file! is this bizzare behaviour a legacy of Ubuntu or the new OpenFOAM? Help!

musahossein March 17, 2013 18:56

how to disable blockmesh.m4 in openfoam 2.2.0
I need to disable the blockmesh.m4 file as I want to run my blockmesh file. However, interdymfoam keeps looking for the blockmesh.m4 and ignores the blockmesh that I have. Any solution to this will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Also, Allclean wipes out the contents of the blockmesh file. How can this be prevented? I am running Openfoam 2.2.0 on Ubuntu 12.10.

wyldckat March 18, 2013 18:17

Greetings musahossein,

Allclean is removing the "blockMeshDict" file automatically because "constant/polyMesh/blockMeshDict.m4" also exists. Try moving the file to another folder and adjust the Allrun script to run use m4 with the new location, but also sending the generated file into the correct location "constant/polyMesh/blockMeshDict".

To help explain further, it would help to know which tutorial case you are referring to!

Best regards,

musahossein March 18, 2013 20:41

Thankyou. I realized that right after posting that question and felt quite foolish. Thanks again for your effort.

musahossein March 18, 2013 20:46

Wall pressure is now in Post processing?
Dear all:
I am running OpenFoam 2.2.0 on Ubuntu 12.10. I am running sloshingTank2D. I noted that wall pressures are now being stored under post processing folder. Is this just to organize the output files in a meaningful way, or is there a more compelling reason. Just curious.

musahossein March 28, 2013 21:39

Cant seem to change the write times for wall pressure p and phase files in slosingtan
I have another question. If I run the sloshingTank2D in interDyMFoam, the wall pressures are output to the post processing file. The files are printed at intervals of 0.1, 0.2 etc. I however want the output at 0.02, 0.04 etc. I modfied the writeInterval in the controlDict file at 0.02. However the output is still 0.1, 0.2, i.e. unchanged. How can I modify control dict so that the files are written at 0.02, 0.04 etc?

wyldckat April 1, 2013 08:26

Hi Musaddeque,

I've moved your posts on the last couple of questions to this thread:'ll try to answer your questions on that thread as soon as I can.

Best regards,