CFD Online URL
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > ParaView

Choose the start time instant when calculating the temporal statistics using paraview

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   October 17, 2013, 19:26
Question Choose the start time instant when calculating the temporal statistics using paraview

hz283 is on a distinguished road
Dear All,

I use paraview to calculate the temporal statistics - mean and RMS. I have 500 time instants and of course I will read them all into paraview. However, sometimes I would like to calculate the statistics from 100th to 500th time instants. How can I choose the starting and ending time instants in this filter? Thank you very much if someone can give me hints. Thanks again.

h
hz283 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 19, 2013, 13:18
Super Moderator

Bruno Santos
wyldckat is a jewel in the roughwyldckat is a jewel in the roughwyldckat is a jewel in the roughwyldckat is a jewel in the rough
Hi hz283,

AFAIK, ParaView is a bit limited when it comes to manipulating time. Not even ParaView 4.0.1 has got that feature, from what I can see.

They've focused on manipulating time from the "animation" point of view, not as much from the temporal data point of view.

The only manipulation that I'm aware that is 100% bulletproof is to:
  1. Export the data to VTK files, where each time instance is stored in a single VTK file.
  2. Then remove the files that relate to the temporal times you don't want to use.
  3. Then open in ParaView the resulting group of files, e.g. "data_files..vtk".
Best regards,
Bruno
wyldckat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 19, 2013, 14:36

openfoammaofnepo is on a distinguished road
Thank you. Hope Paraview can have this feature in the future, which will make life more happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldckat View Post
Hi hz283,

AFAIK, ParaView is a bit limited when it comes to manipulating time. Not even ParaView 4.0.1 has got that feature, from what I can see.

They've focused on manipulating time from the "animation" point of view, not as much from the temporal data point of view.

The only manipulation that I'm aware that is 100% bulletproof is to:
  1. Export the data to VTK files, where each time instance is stored in a single VTK file.
  2. Then remove the files that relate to the temporal times you don't want to use.
  3. Then open in ParaView the resulting group of files, e.g. "data_files..vtk".
Best regards,
Bruno
openfoammaofnepo is offline   Reply With Quote