|April 13, 2014, 18:11||
How do Streaklines Work?
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 151Rep Power: 8
I am trying to plot streaklines over my 2-D airfoil simulation in paraView. I am able to make the streaklines appear, and I can change the length and resolution by changing the "Termination Time" and "Force Reinjection Every NSteps", however to my surprise the simulation does not change as I advance the time. Some questions:
1. Does the streakline filter always show the streakline from time = 0 to time = Termination Time, or can it be made to show e.g. always the last N timesteps, which would make videos more interesting.
2. When all else remains constant, if I change the Termination Time to a much higher number (long after the particle will have left the domain), the traces change: why is that?
3. Why does the streakline plot not change as time is advanced?
- Input Source: my case data, top of Pipeline Browser
- Seed Source: a line I generated on my domain
- ParaView version: 4.1
- The case is transient (inlet airspeed direction is changing), hence the need for the streaklines to be constantly updated.
Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be offered.
Last edited by dancfd; April 13, 2014 at 18:12. Reason: Added info.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How to work with constant pressure?||Martin||CD-adapco||2||February 25, 2009 14:23|
|Getting FoamX to work||shaun||OpenFOAM Installation||12||March 23, 2007 09:55|
|work related to brake study of a vehical||aero||CD-adapco||3||November 23, 2006 08:43|
|Why do the Plant library cases don't work?||Alumna||Phoenics||6||June 22, 2004 12:08|
|why my In-Form doesn't work?||green||Phoenics||2||May 27, 2004 21:03|