CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   Pointwise & Gridgen (
-   -   [Pointwise] unstructured mesh domain – question (

James_ November 8, 2012 14:52

[Pointwise] unstructured mesh domain – question
4 Attachment(s)

I’ve problem with creation of unstructured mesh (picture 1, 1a). In this case the domain is flat. This domain is a part of cylinder and it should looks like a domain in picture 2, 2a, (structural mesh). Each curve connector has 20 “connections” and straight connector is divided on 176 points (I’ve used dimension option).
What should I do to create an unstructured domain on a cylindrical part?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards

cnsidero November 8, 2012 20:22

James_ you will need to create a cylindrical database surface first, then create the unstructured domain on that surface so it takes the shape you desire.

James_ November 9, 2012 05:48

Thank you very much Chris:)

I am still not oriented well in Pointwise software and that is the reason of my basic problems

thanks for your help

Panboy June 5, 2013 14:58

You will want to do a projection onto your database

Naruto June 6, 2013 06:13

How could I create a curvy database? Could I do it inside pointwise or do I need to use CAD utilities and than transfer it into pointwise?

Panboy June 6, 2013 09:19

You can do it inside pointwise. You can create databases using the create-sweep or create-revolve features.

LamiaOF2.1 April 19, 2015 09:00

hello everyone
I dont know how to mesh this geometry
please help
it's a block into windy domain
can any one contact me and give me hlep

dgarlisch April 21, 2015 10:43

Please create a new thread for this question using the New Thread button at the bottom of

Also, you need to add more details. It will be difficult to answer your question as it is currently written. See the STICKY POST at the top of for information.