CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   Pointwise & Gridgen (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/pointwise/)
-   -   Problems with Mirror tools when create block (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/pointwise/123752-problems-mirror-tools-when-create-block.html)

nigel332 September 20, 2013 02:31

Problems with Mirror tools when create block
 
Hi, dear friends:

I met a problem when i use the Mirror tool to create the second block with constant Y=0. It is like this: I create a block for half of a ship by extrude tool, and I want to create blocks for the whole ship, so I just use the mirror tool to create the other block. But failed.

Any one knows why, please help me.

Thanks!

cnsidero September 20, 2013 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by nigel332 (Post 452644)
Hi, dear friends:

I met a problem when i use the Mirror tool to create the second block with constant Y=0. It is like this: I create a block for half of a ship by extrude tool, and I want to create blocks for the whole ship, so I just use the mirror tool to create the other block. But failed.

Any one knows why, please help me.

Thanks!

nigel332,

Sorry but that's a bit too vague for us to help. What does "But failed" mean? Did Pointwise crash? Did it throw an error message? Did it mirror the block but you're unhappy with the result?

Much more details please.

-Chris

nigel332 September 20, 2013 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnsidero (Post 452813)
nigel332,

Sorry but that's a bit too vague for us to help. What does "But failed" mean? Did Pointwise crash? Did it throw an error message? Did it mirror the block but you're unhappy with the result?

Much more details please.

-Chris

Dear cnsidero,

Thanks for your reply! Sorry for my unclear description. In fact, I mean when I creat block using copy-pasteŚmirror tool,poinotwise just didnot crteat any blocks, which means when i used mirror, pointwise just did nothing.

I hope I make myself clear this time, and what is your opinion?

cnsidero September 21, 2013 10:19

Its possible you might have encountered a bug and you should report it to Pointwise support.

I've used the mirror function with blocks recently and didn't encounter an issues.

nigel332 September 26, 2013 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnsidero (Post 452882)
Its possible you might have encountered a bug and you should report it to Pointwise support.

I've used the mirror function with blocks recently and didn't encounter an issues.

Hi cnsidero and all friends,

Thanks for help! And i solved this problem, by using pointwise V16~~~


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 21:25.