CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > Pointwise & Gridgen

Problems with Mirror tools when create block

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   September 20, 2013, 02:31
Smile Problems with Mirror tools when create block
  #1
New Member
 
nigel
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 10
Rep Power: 4
nigel332 is on a distinguished road
Hi, dear friends:

I met a problem when i use the Mirror tool to create the second block with constant Y=0. It is like this: I create a block for half of a ship by extrude tool, and I want to create blocks for the whole ship, so I just use the mirror tool to create the other block. But failed.

Any one knows why, please help me.

Thanks!
nigel332 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 20, 2013, 16:00
Default
  #2
Senior Member
 
Chris Sideroff
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON, CAN
Posts: 369
Rep Power: 12
cnsidero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel332 View Post
Hi, dear friends:

I met a problem when i use the Mirror tool to create the second block with constant Y=0. It is like this: I create a block for half of a ship by extrude tool, and I want to create blocks for the whole ship, so I just use the mirror tool to create the other block. But failed.

Any one knows why, please help me.

Thanks!
nigel332,

Sorry but that's a bit too vague for us to help. What does "But failed" mean? Did Pointwise crash? Did it throw an error message? Did it mirror the block but you're unhappy with the result?

Much more details please.

-Chris
cnsidero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 20, 2013, 19:51
Default
  #3
New Member
 
nigel
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 10
Rep Power: 4
nigel332 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnsidero View Post
nigel332,

Sorry but that's a bit too vague for us to help. What does "But failed" mean? Did Pointwise crash? Did it throw an error message? Did it mirror the block but you're unhappy with the result?

Much more details please.

-Chris
Dear cnsidero,

Thanks for your reply! Sorry for my unclear description. In fact, I mean when I creat block using copy-pasteŚmirror tool,poinotwise just didnot crteat any blocks, which means when i used mirror, pointwise just did nothing.

I hope I make myself clear this time, and what is your opinion?
nigel332 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 21, 2013, 10:19
Default
  #4
Senior Member
 
Chris Sideroff
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON, CAN
Posts: 369
Rep Power: 12
cnsidero is on a distinguished road
Its possible you might have encountered a bug and you should report it to Pointwise support.

I've used the mirror function with blocks recently and didn't encounter an issues.
cnsidero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 26, 2013, 20:21
Smile
  #5
New Member
 
nigel
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 10
Rep Power: 4
nigel332 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnsidero View Post
Its possible you might have encountered a bug and you should report it to Pointwise support.

I've used the mirror function with blocks recently and didn't encounter an issues.
Hi cnsidero and all friends,

Thanks for help! And i solved this problem, by using pointwise V16~~~

Last edited by nigel332; September 27, 2013 at 04:25.
nigel332 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how to create a block inside another block? Hale OpenFOAM Pre-Processing 12 August 24, 2013 12:56
Create block structure kmou OpenFOAM Meshing & Mesh Conversion 0 August 23, 2013 10:31
FOAM FATAL ERROR: Inconsistent number of faces blockMesh::createMergeList() line 193 Hengel OpenFOAM Native Meshers: blockMesh 4 September 17, 2010 06:01
create the file *.foam phongstar OpenFOAM 11 July 26, 2010 19:23
Actuator disk model audrich FLUENT 0 September 21, 2009 07:06


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 19:02.