CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   STAR-CCM+ (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/star-ccm/)
-   -   Design Parameters for Imported CAD Models (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/star-ccm/108368-design-parameters-imported-cad-models.html)

BenKumar October 21, 2012 15:11

Design Parameters for Imported CAD Models
 
Hi,

I wish to alter the ride height of my imported CAD model of an airfoil in ground effect. How do I assign the airfoil surface to a design parameter which I can modify to alter the ride height quickly? I do not wish to keep on importing a new CAD model for every parameter change I make.

siara817 October 23, 2012 07:18

How do you import you CAD model? do you go to the Geometry/3D-CAD models/NEW...?

saisrikar November 3, 2012 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenKumar (Post 387788)
Hi,

I wish to alter the ride height of my imported CAD model of an airfoil in ground effect. How do I assign the airfoil surface to a design parameter which I can modify to alter the ride height quickly? I do not wish to keep on importing a new CAD model for every parameter change I make.

I believe only CAD data generated in 3D-CAD modeller of CCM+ can be parameterised

abdul099 November 4, 2012 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by saisrikar (Post 390104)
I believe only CAD data generated in 3D-CAD modeller of CCM+ can be parameterised

I'm sorry Saisrikar, that's not right. When you import a CAD file in the 3D CAD modeller, you can apply transforms like translate, rotate etc. and apply design parameters.

saisrikar November 5, 2012 05:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by abdul099 (Post 390211)
I'm sorry Saisrikar, that's not right. When you import a CAD file in the 3D CAD modeller, you can apply transforms like translate, rotate etc. and apply design parameters.

That is exactly what I said ... If you generate any CAD data in the 3D-CAD modeller you can use the DP feature (Also manipulation). Whether, you start in 3D-CAD modeller or you add features to imported files containing geometry data or transform it.

abdul099 November 8, 2012 14:52

Okay, then it was just a misunderstanding and I'm sorry for that.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 15:34.